DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Took The Plunge!!!

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    gingersensed thunderbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by EARL97850 View Post
    I tried some of those things to help battery life but every time I check the ram usage it is running around 200-260 out of 328, and there is almost always 3-9 programs running in the background.

I've shut down everything before...I mean no location devices running at all and get about 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs and I'm down to 20% battery left.

That is just crazy. IMO that is unacceptable.

I really think I should send this thing back and either get the Bionic when it comes out (assuming it has good battery life) or go to the iPhone when it's new model shows up.

Cya
    programs running in the BG are not a bad thing on android, this is not a windows device, it is linux, which manages running applications differently.

that is pretty bad battery, what is using most of the battery when you look at battery settings? usually it is display. use auto brightness whenever possible, or put it down to like 30% if you can live with that.

ditch any task killers
    turn off GPS,Bluetooth, and wifi unless you are using it.
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (OG)
    All GPS,Bluetooth,wifi are all shut down. I completely charged it and with very light use(5 text, 1 call for 2min) and 3 1/2 hrs later I'm at 35%. I again charged it up completely and let it sit idle till I heard a low battery chime. When I woke it up the battery was at 20% and the time frame elapsed was 6 1/2 hrs.

While I was checking things out which took me about 2 min I got another battery chime indicating 15% left.

So, in 6 1/2 hrs idle and 2 min active with no calls, messages...no nothing except me checking the status of everything the screen ate up 72% battery with the bloatware apps obviously eating up the rest.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in my book

Sorry for the ranting.

I apologize.

Cya
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Twitter
    KillaKawi
    Phone
    HTC One-Blue
    lol its funny to see that so many people think the iPhone is going to be a better device than the charge. The screen size is on the iPhone is almost an inch smaller all around, and honestly the retina display is nice but so is the Super AMOLED Plus on the charge. Not to mention the front facing camera on the charge is so much better than on the iphone also. Now when comparing OS to OS then it all depends on what you like better. I do love the integration with iTunes and iPhone ( i have an iMac lol ), but that problem is also easily fixed as well.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    You have very good reason to rant. I think there may be something wrong with your phone and you should take it back. I can go usually 18 hours without charging... tested it several days now. Charged before bed, phone alarms wake me up, email is pushed to phone all day, check email all day, text numerous times, a few phone calls, several that I just let go to voicemail, do a few things on the internet, gps on, use WiFi while at home and work, use several apps during the day, have nothing turned off or disabled. I don't get 4g service in my area so always on WiFi or 3g. Obviously during the night, the phone is sitting doing nothing until the alarms go off. But 10-12 hours during the day it is getting normal usage.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Blackberry bold

Rooting

<<Samsungs have to be the some of the easiest phones to root. Thats why I decided to get the charge. There are already gingerbread leaks that are rooted and easy to flash. I put debloated version on mine a few days ago, and it has been perfect. Netflix streaming is amazing.>>

I apologize but I was born back in the 20th century. What does any of the above mean? Where can I learn about rooting and changing software and of course that voids warrantee?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (OG)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Jedi View Post
    lol its funny to see that so many people think the iPhone is going to be a better device than the charge. The screen size is on the iPhone is almost an inch smaller all around, and honestly the retina display is nice but so is the Super AMOLED Plus on the charge. Not to mention the front facing camera on the charge is so much better than on the iphone also. Now when comparing OS to OS then it all depends on what you like better. I do love the integration with iTunes and iPhone ( i have an iMac lol ), but that problem is also easily fixed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    You have very good reason to rant. I think there may be something wrong with your phone and you should take it back. I can go usually 18 hours without charging... tested it several days now. Charged before bed, phone alarms wake me up, email is pushed to phone all day, check email all day, text numerous times, a few phone calls, several that I just let go to voicemail, do a few things on the internet, gps on, use WiFi while at home and work, use several apps during the day, have nothing turned off or disabled. I don't get 4g service in my area so always on WiFi or 3g. Obviously during the night, the phone is sitting doing nothing until the alarms go off. But 10-12 hours during the day it is getting normal usage.

Dark_Jedi: I know each OS has it's good and bad points and I only mentioned the iPhone due to it's new updated version coming out soon like the Bionic.

I just want a smartphone that will last battery wise for a good amount of time...not only 3-4hrs with moderate use and 6-7hrs with no use and everything shut off.

If iPhone fits that bill better than a Android device than so be it.

TisMyDroid: Thank you for the pass on my ranting. LOL

If I could get even close to your numbers with widgets and email pushed along with som use of the surf thing I'd be a happy camper.

Cya
  7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Take your phone back. My phone has been of the charger since 6am, have done everything under the sun on it and have had it playing music for three past 5 hours and still over 50% battery left and been going over 12 hours without a charge. Your charge should definitely be getting better battery life without doing any special tweaking.

8. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Oh, and I have not rooted my phone yet... just enjoying stock switching between go launcher or adw as my home launchers.

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (OG)
    I tried the Go Launcher side of things to, just to see if things changed...no such luck.

I'm going to call them right now.

Cya
  10. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Definitely call or take it to a Verizon store and make them switch it out for you. I think you will be happy with a Charge that works like it should. The battery life is one of the better things about the charge.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links