DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid newbie, Charge and Email problem

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Charge

Droid newbie, Charge and Email problem

I am coming from a BB to the droid and so far I don't like it and plan on returning it today. I have comcast Internet at home therefor I use my comcast email and am having a problem. For the first few days with the droid my emails were being deleted every night and it wasn't by me. I deleted my email acct and started over with it, I noticed that the 2nd time I set it up I went thru the manual setup and it asked me for the POP3 info like it should so I set it up and it worked fine........for a few days. Yesterday I noticed that I all my email was gone once again and a few of them I need to keep to look back at. I would reforward them from my pc, hit the "load more messages" button and they would disappear again, this went on for 4 tries. The last time I forwarded them to myself again before going to bed and I left the phone alone. I got up ready to go to work and wadda ya know, yep, they were gone again.

Why does this happen? I have looked and looked and there are no other optioons or settings for me to change anywhere that I can find. I do have it set to "never" remove mail from server. I'm like a lot of other and like the BB email setup compared to this junk. I like the Droid phone but if I can't keep emails on it then I don't want it. I'm already sick of it. If it is something with the phone itself then which other would you guys recommend me to try when I return it.

Sorry if this is a repeated asked question, I'm sure I'm not the first with this problem.
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X, Rooted, blurLESS
    I don't have a Droid Charge, but I do have the Droid X. I have corporate email, Hotmail, and a Gmail all that seem to work fine.

The first thing I would suggest is to download the K9 Email app, and then try to put in your settings from there. The app is free on the market, and it is what I use for my Hotmail account.

I've never had much luck with the standard "Email" account setup, but I really like the way K9 works so I've just never looked back! I understand a lot of people coming from Blackberry don't like Android's email.

Links