DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Couldn't resist

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Charge

Couldn't resist

Well after the Tegra 2 chipset failed to blow me away (shame on you Nvidia after all my years of loyalty in desktop graphics) I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Charge on eBay since 4G will be coming to my area sometime this year. I have always loved Samsung phones so hopefully the Charge won't let me down. I've already seen the screen in person at the VZW store and I can say it is absolutely amazing!

Will be most likely doing a full review of both phones with pros/cons after I use the Charge for a couple of weeks.
    Current: Galaxy Nexus
    Retired
    DROID Charge
    DROID X2
    D1

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Check out the root/kernel/cwm package that jt1134 has over at XDA-Developers it will boost the performance a lot. Samsung has stuck with their rfs file system and voodoo switches you over to the faster ext4 file system. Please note you should read the thread and the notes in the OP there. You must always remember to disable the voodoo lagfix before factory resetting. Also imnuts has posted an ED1 and ED2 (update.zip) files for easy re-flashing via CWM recovery. Developers are definitely picking up on this phone and it will have a good base to work with.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Check out the root/kernel/cwm package that jt1134 has over at XDA-Developers it will boost the performance a lot. Samsung has stuck with their rfs file system and voodoo switches you over to the faster ext4 file system. Please note you should read the thread and the notes in the OP there. You must always remember to disable the voodoo lagfix before factory resetting. Also imnuts has posted an ED1 and ED2 (update.zip) files for easy re-flashing via CWM recovery. Developers are definitely picking up on this phone and it will have a good base to work with.
    CMW works now? Where is the link to the working clockwork? Thanks in advance bro!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Yea i saw all the stuff on xda. That was one of the reasons i chose the charge. I cant stand this stock crap lol. I mean rooted is nice but that only gets ya so far.

Posting from the X2
    Current: Galaxy Nexus
    Retired
    DROID Charge
    DROID X2
    D1

Links