DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charge issues, anyone else?

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX / Rubix 2.0.1 / 1.25 ULV

Angry Charge issues, anyone else?

I am having some issues with my Charge that is making me seriously contemplate going back to an Droid X (2 as I already sold my original X) and want to get some feedback and see if anyone else has noticed these problems. They were not apparent the first few days of having it, but have gotten significantly worse today and yesterday.

1) Power button hangs up calls any time it is pressed. I was told this was a setting, but I cannot seem to find it.

2) Randomly turns the phone to vibrate only. Happens about once every hour or so, and does not happen while doing other things on the phone.

3) Automatic brightness setting sets the backlight to next to nothing so it cannot be seen, happening about as often as the vibrate only and again unprovoked. The only way to adjust it is to cycle through the brightness settings a few times.

4) The camera is TERRIBLE. If there is the least bit of movement then your photo is trashed. Picture below of the AR15 is in perfect lighting laying on the floor to stay still. Photo of my daughter is in the lighting of the mall. Both are with the image stabilization setting to on, turning it off does nothing for the quality. Both set to 8MP.

5) When waking the phone up or opening applications it lags for 15-20 seconds occasionally before it will do anything at all. Shows the notification bar and either a white or black screen, nothing else.

6) In applications and the browser it will randomly restart the application it is in. In example, the Facebook app I will be reading posts and it will go back to the home screen of the app. In the browser I was making a credit card payment and it closed the window, reopened a new one, and went to the homepage.

There are a few other small quirks, but I can deal with them. The above things are not things I am willing to deal with. Has anyone else noticed the issues? I am hesitant in having it DOA'd and having the same issues and be stuck with it for the next 10 months. Thanks guys!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    #1 check under settings>accessibility
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    #2,3,5,&6 hope for update?
    #4 stop moving j/k
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    #1 check under settings>accessibility
    Thank you! Now on to the big issues LOL
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Sweet hardware on your AR BTW.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    mine does none of the above that happens to you
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Larry_ThaGr81
    Phone
    rooted Droid 1 & Thunderbolt
    Well I guess it's to early to see if your the only person having these issues. It's possible you could just have a faulty phone. Just don't let your 14 day window expire before addressing the issue with Verizon.
    Simply Stunning rooted OGD
    Sent from the Bolt powered by Thunder on
    SkyRaider Zeus
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Sweet hardware on your AR BTW.
    Thank you sir!
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_ThaGr81 View Post
    Well I guess it's to early to see if your the only person having these issues. It's possible you could just have a faulty phone. Just don't let your 14 day window expire before addressing the issue with Verizon.
    Problem is that I am a Verizon employee, so my return is a bit more of a pain in the ass than a customers. If its a DOA I have to ship mine then wait for one to be shipped, which would not go out until Weds at the earliest so my replacement would be coming in around my 14 days. I don't really want to be stuck with the phone if these are issues others are having, especially when Samsung is not really that great about pushing updates. The Droid X2 is looking better and better, its a pity because this phone really has a lot of potential.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid MAXX
    The vibrate happened to me once today, but after that it hasn't occurred. I thought I had put it on vibrate, but the volume was still where it was. Only did it to the first notification after I shut the screen. Otherwise fine..

My biggest quirk is going from 4G to 3G whenever it wants.. I notice when I turn the screen on, 4G is good to go.. Start using the net for a bit, then it falls back to 3G.. Continue to use it, and 4G comes back.. vice-verse.. Signal strength on either is always between high 50's - 80dbm so that's not the issue.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links