I am having some issues with my Charge that is making me seriously contemplate going back to an Droid X (2 as I already sold my original X) and want to get some feedback and see if anyone else has noticed these problems. They were not apparent the first few days of having it, but have gotten significantly worse today and yesterday.
1) Power button hangs up calls any time it is pressed. I was told this was a setting, but I cannot seem to find it.
2) Randomly turns the phone to vibrate only. Happens about once every hour or so, and does not happen while doing other things on the phone.
3) Automatic brightness setting sets the backlight to next to nothing so it cannot be seen, happening about as often as the vibrate only and again unprovoked. The only way to adjust it is to cycle through the brightness settings a few times.
4) The camera is TERRIBLE. If there is the least bit of movement then your photo is trashed. Picture below of the AR15 is in perfect lighting laying on the floor to stay still. Photo of my daughter is in the lighting of the mall. Both are with the image stabilization setting to on, turning it off does nothing for the quality. Both set to 8MP.
5) When waking the phone up or opening applications it lags for 15-20 seconds occasionally before it will do anything at all. Shows the notification bar and either a white or black screen, nothing else.
6) In applications and the browser it will randomly restart the application it is in. In example, the Facebook app I will be reading posts and it will go back to the home screen of the app. In the browser I was making a credit card payment and it closed the window, reopened a new one, and went to the homepage.
There are a few other small quirks, but I can deal with them. The above things are not things I am willing to deal with. Has anyone else noticed the issues? I am hesitant in having it DOA'd and having the same issues and be stuck with it for the next 10 months. Thanks guys!