DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Droid Charge not realling.....impressive?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by dannar View Post
    The only reason for the charge would be the screen. Possibly the battery life, which will likely be better than the thunderbolt.

Galaxy S II in Verizon 4G LTE? Yes please. That's the phone to get.
    Everyone is saying this about the GS II and I understand why the specs are impressive. But what I dont get is a majority of peoples reason for not getting the DC is because it is a samsung and they have a bad update rep but with the GS II no one is bringing that up. Not sure if people feel it will be different with this phone compared to other Samsung?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    83 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    I don't think the Thunderbolt or the Droid Charge are very impressive even with the LTE capabilities. I don't see a hardware difference great enough to warrant signing a new contract for people who already own the Droid X, Droid Inc, or Droid 2.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    I don't think the Thunderbolt or the Droid Charge are very impressive even with the LTE capabilities. I don't see a hardware difference great enough to warrant signing a new contract for people who already own the Droid X, Droid Inc, or Droid 2.
    If, as everyone expects, LTE caps and tiered plans are on their way, it would be worthwhile for many folks to get an LTE-capable phone and be grandfathered in. I suspect the caps will appear before a dual-core LTE device is released by VzW.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Memory, both the TB and DC get a 32GB microSD card, the TB claims 8GB of "internal" storage yet delivers ONLY 2.31GB of actual internal storage. The DC states 2GB of internal storage, yet not one review has actually stated how much you get.

With a 32GB card you will just put all of your apps onto the card, which leaves only parts of the app on the phone, but I need to know before buying I will get at least 1.8GB (formatted) or no go.

You can't say the DC sucks due to Samsung updates and say the GS2 is going to be better, its still Samsung so it would still suck. I would rather lock in a 4G phone now while pricing is allowing unlimited rather than wait and get stuck with tiered pricing I won't like.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Memory, both the TB and DC get a 32GB microSD card, the TB claims 8GB of "internal" storage yet delivers ONLY 2.31GB of actual internal storage. The DC states 2GB of internal storage, yet not one review has actually stated how much you get.

With a 32GB card you will just put all of your apps onto the card, which leaves only parts of the app on the phone, but I need to know before buying I will get at least 1.8GB (formatted) or no go.

You can't say the DC sucks due to Samsung updates and say the GS2 is going to be better, its still Samsung so it would still suck. I would rather lock in a 4G phone now while pricing is allowing unlimited rather than wait and get stuck with tiered pricing I won't like.
    One review vid I saw had 1.18GB out of the box for internal. Id imagine if you root and remove the crap ware you dont use you could probably get 1.5Gb or so.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    RaptorOO7
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Thank you. I just checked out a review with screen shots of the installed apps and I noticed a lot of the usual crapware Verizon loads up.

Backup Assistant
    Blockbuster (800k)
    City ID (640k)
    Kindle OEM (1.87MB)
    Lets Golf 2 (131.05MB)
    Rhapsody (5.25MB)
    Rockband (300k)
    Slacker (123MB)
    TuneWiki (2.03MB)
    V Cast Media (.760k)
    VZ Navigator (2.67MB)

So if you get 1.18GB out of the box plus you strip out another 268MB roughly giving you around 1.45GB of available internal memory. Certainly missing about 1GB compared to the ThunderBolt, but who knows what other cool things could come from some custom ROM work.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links