DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Why we probably wont see 2.2

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR

Why we probably wont see 2.2

This may be old news to some but the link below discusses Samsung's foolish move to charge carriers for software upgrades on the Galaxy S lineup, including the Continuum, Fascinate, etc. The Fascinate saw the update but it seems like the Continuum never will, mostly because it seems the Continuum would only gain few improvements such as flash player and CPU performance. Verizon and all other US carriers don't want to pay the night fee to upgrade devices. Plain and simple. So if you're still stuck on 2.1, like me, look for a new phone I guess

androidpolice.com/2011/01/16/are-samsung-galaxy-s-froyo-updates-being-held-back-because-of-cost/

Sent from my SCH-I400 using DroidForums
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SCH-i400
    Love to be the bearer of good news... I have used this on our phone (SCH-i400 Continuum, making it 2.2.1 ) and it works nicely. (2.1 wouldn't support her college app so I searched forever and found it. )

Just make sure you mind peoples comments.. I didn't and it took me a bit longer to get it going correctly.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...ung-continuum/
    Last edited by adracamas; 11-30-2011 at 09:12 PM.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    SCH-i400
    Oh yeah.. and be sure you backup everything. It will most likely wipe your phone completely. (her's was new so we really didn't have much on it TO wipe.)
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorolla droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by adracamas View Post
    Love to be the bearer of good news... I have used this on our phone (SCH-i400 Continuum, making it 2.2.1 ) and it works nicely. (2.1 wouldn't support her college app so I searched forever and found it. )

Just make sure you mind peoples comments.. I didn't and it took me a bit longer to get it going correctly.

http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...ung-continuum/
    We actually have 2.2.2 over at xda. And about 4 clean roms, along with several mods.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=126811

That is a guide I made up with people who have never done this in mind (looking at you, bosshog) look over it, and pm me here, or there, if you have questions or need guidance.

I am not a fly, i am levitation. I represent an entire generation. - Niki Minaj
    Last edited by txwolf1980; 12-01-2011 at 10:29 AM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    DROID RAZR
    See, I would try to root and flash 2.2 on my Continuum but I really don't want Touchwiz replaced by GoLauncher. My phone is okay for now I turn my data off during the day and turn it on only when I need it and now I'm easily getting a full day's work out of one charge with still usually 40% left. Use my phone from 7am- usually 9:30pm. And I'm roaming all day because I live in Northern Wisconsin so my battery life would be even better if I lived where Verizon has service.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorolla droid 1
    Quote Originally Posted by bosshog85 View Post
    See, I would try to root and flash 2.2 on my Continuum but I really don't want Touchwiz replaced by GoLauncher. My phone is okay for now I turn my data off during the day and turn it on only when I need it and now I'm easily getting a full day's work out of one charge with still usually 40% left. Use my phone from 7am- usually 9:30pm. And I'm roaming all day because I live in Northern Wisconsin so my battery life would be even better if I lived where Verizon has service.
    For the record, the rom I use on the tutorial has touchwhiz intact, and battery is 25-30% better. But, it's still about what you feel comfortable with.

I am not a fly, i am levitation. I represent an entire generation. - Niki Minaj

Links