DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help! How do I turn off Voice Readout of Texts?

  1. Droid Newbie
    HandyMS's Avatar
    Member #
    129990
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Exclamation Help! How do I turn off Voice Readout of Texts?

    Today my phone suddenly started voice readout of all incoming texts. I never changed a single setting on my phone today. The phone was lying in the same place today as yesterday...yesterday it wasn't reading out my texts and today it is. I have had issues with my phone from Day 1. Things are constantly changing on it...it turns things off/on by itself and I just don't get it. I have gone to every place on my Droid X I can think of to turn this off. My husband has tried to turn it off. I don't want this function active, so how do I turn it off? I have been to Voice Output, then Text-to-Speech, then found the Pico TTS suddenly turned on and there is NO way to turn it OFF. We've tried everything we can think of and it stays ON.
    Last edited by HandyMS; 11-11-2010 at 09:54 PM.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    droidman101's Avatar
    Member #
    40871
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    711
    Phone
    DROID
    #2
    if you have any apps installed that are supposed to "increase speed" or to make your phone "more safe" (like taskillers and/or antivirus programs) remove them, since your phone kills unnecessary tasks(by itself) way better than those apps, and linux OS's cant get viruses
  4. Droid Newbie
    HandyMS's Avatar
    Member #
    129990
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    I'm not understanding what task killer has to do with the voice readout. And I have no antivirus programs on there. I've had task killer on there for weeks and the automatic voice readout just started this afternoon. I went to the Voice Output Text-to-Speech setting and the Pico TTS is turned on and there is NO way to turn it OFF. We've tried. It won't let us! I've even been to Pico TTS and tried Force Stop (won't work) and Uninstall (won't work!) Nothing works!
    Last edited by HandyMS; 11-11-2010 at 09:58 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    droidman101's Avatar
    Member #
    40871
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    711
    Phone
    DROID
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyMS View Post
    I'm not understanding what task killer has to do with the voice readout. And I have no antivirus programs on there. I've had task killer on there for weeks and the automatic voice readout just started this afternoon. I went to the Voice Output Text-to-Speech setting and the Pico TTS is turned on and there is NO way to turn it OFF. We've tried. It won't let us!
    taskillers usually just screw around with random stuff, but if youre having issues that you cant fix bring it to verizon and tell them your issue and theyll fix it
  6. Droid Newbie
    HandyMS's Avatar
    Member #
    129990
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #5
    I think I found the problem. I had installed Vlingo. It had turned on the text-to-speech. I uninstalled it and sent a text to myself from my husband's phone and it didn't do the voice readout! Don't install Vlingo...it will randomly turn on your text-to-speech. Finally...my phone is fixed!
    Last edited by HandyMS; 11-11-2010 at 10:33 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Crayzitalian3's Avatar
    Member #
    118581
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Droid X
    #6
    I recently had the same problem. I was flipping out lol. I finally found this thread and realized I installed Vlingo and had the speech thing on. Turned it off and now my hairs aren't turning white anymore
  8. Droid Newbie
    HandyMS's Avatar
    Member #
    129990
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Phone
    Droid X
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayzitalian3 View Post
    I recently had the same problem. I was flipping out lol. I finally found this thread and realized I installed Vlingo and had the speech thing on. Turned it off and now my hairs aren't turning white anymore
    Not long after I posted, I found my culprit was also Vlingo! It demon possessed my phone so I killed it!
  9. Droid Newbie
    TheBeastNme's Avatar
    Member #
    223229
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Moto Bionic
    #8

    How to turn off caller ID readout

    Quote Originally Posted by HandyMS View Post
    Today my phone suddenly started voice readout of all incoming texts. I never changed a single setting on my phone today. The phone was lying in the same place today as yesterday...yesterday it wasn't reading out my texts and today it is. I have had issues with my phone from Day 1. Things are constantly changing on it...it turns things off/on by itself and I just don't get it. I have gone to every place on my Droid X I can think of to turn this off. My husband has tried to turn it off. I don't want this function active, so how do I turn it off? I have been to Voice Output, then Text-to-Speech, then found the Pico TTS suddenly turned on and there is NO way to turn it OFF. We've tried everything we can think of and it stays ON.


    Menu > Call Settings > Caller ID Readout > Ring Only


    Also, you can over-ride apps by setting text-to-speech (TTS) to "Always use my settings"

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. getting charged for texts with google voice
    By ricks in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 08:21 AM
  2. Texts via Google Voice can take as long as 12 hours to arrive
    By spartanstew in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
  3. VIbrate won't turn of with texts!
    By loonysebec in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. droidmod and turn by turn voice
    By pierced_droid in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
  5. turn by turn voice problems
    By smithrl3 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 05:58 AM

Search tags for this page

disable pico tts

,
how do i turn off pico tts
,
how to stop pico tts
,

how to turn off pico tts

,
pico tts disable
,

turn off pico tts

,
turn off voice readout
,
uninstall pico tts
,

voice readout

,
voice readout android
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+