DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i let geek squad fix my droid 1 :(

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Unhappy i let geek squad fix my droid 1 :(

So... My droid 1 fell out of my pocket as I slipped on water in my kitchen and I landed on it. The screen had a HUGE crack down the middle and it only showed colored lines when it was on.

Sadly I held it in my hand, then I remembered I have geek squad insurance! NO PROBLEM!! The next day I took my poor broken droid to geek squad, 09/09/10 , they told me no problem it will be back in 2 weeks. I said ok! Put down a $150 deposit on a loaner phone.

2 weeks later, no droid. I called the store and asked what happened. They said the service center is waiting on parts. Ok I thought, parts do sometimes take a while.

Another week went by, still waiting on parts.
    Another week went by, still waiting on parts.
    3 days later I went to the store and asked about it, they said the service center is STILL waiting on parts.

10/09/10 rolled around last week the time they were supposed to have it fixed by at the latest. Still no droid. Monday I went to the store and talked to the manager, they elevated it. 48hrs later I was either getting my droid back or getting a new one.

I calmly said ok.. 72hrs later... no response... so I went back in and asked AGAIN.Well they FINALLY got the parts in (that's a plus). They elevated it yet AGAIN!!! I'm thinking WTF??!! REALLY??!!! A month and a week after I brought the droid in to get fixed they JUST NOW get the parts... So now I guess I have to wait another 48hrs to see if they will junk my droid out and give me a new one. Or if they will use their rocket science skills to fix it, hopefully before christmas.

Anybody else experiencing/experienced droid withdrawals?

Is there an easier way to fix a cracked screen, by yourself?

I've worked on medical electronics for 3yrs a thought I had after the fact.
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Rezound
    Unfortunately, that's just SOP for the Geek Squad. I'm sorry for your headaches.

Some people claim to have replaced screens on their own, but I dont have any more details than that.

Any reason you went with GS over Verizon insurance?
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I found a video on youtube that kind of shows how to do it, but I don't know.

I got the phone at best buy and have never had a problem with geek squad until now. When did they get so bad? Lol.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    First off, to the forum!

Secondly, if they've passed the deadline they'd have it fixed by you are due whatever replacement they would have given you in the first place. Go in tomorrow and raise stink.
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Replacing your screen requires a donor screen (go price one out on eBay) and I'm told specialized tools you probably don't have.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    A better option is to purchase the square trade warranty.
    They offer warranties to all new electronics and even from ebay purchases.

A previous geek squad agent even recommend the square trade warranty over top of the bb black tie special (extra year same price, guaranteed within 2 week fix or refund of purchase price of the equipment).

Gershon C.
    Geeks On Call, Atlanta
    Georgia Atlanta and 20 surrounding counties of Metro Atlanta
    facebook.com/GeeksOnCall662
    Twitter/GeeksOnCall662
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid2
    hmmm i got my d1 from bb and had the insurance on it and they did a similar thing to me in august when my d1's screen stopped working.

i think it was like july 21st that i put it in for repairs. two weeks later the status was "waiting for parts" i called the store and they told me there was nothing they could do that i had to call 1-888-bestbuy so i did after being redirected multiple times and hung up on 3 times when trying to transfer i finally got a nice lady who was agreeing with me and everything so she went to call the store to tell them to give me a new phone and the manager there said when i dropped the phone off i signed a paper that said i give them 30 days to get my phone back to me so in end she told me to be at the store @ 10am on aug 21st to get my new phone if i didnt get it yet. So yeah 2 weeks later still "waiting for parts" so i went to the store and they called up geek squad central and they said that my phone was supposed to be junked out like 2 weeks ago cause with the D2 coming out the D1's replacement parts were discontinued so i ended up walking out with a new D2 that day.

crap thing is i got the warranty there because it used to be you walk in with a broken phone, and walk out with a new phone.
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    I prefer paying the 7 bucks a month at vzw. I pay my money they send me another phone period.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone

Offering Support

I am sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with Geek Squad. I work for Geek Squad Service at BBY and want to help you. Please send me your name and work order number if you have it so I can reserach this.

Thanks.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I just sent mine in with a cracked screen on the 23 of october so I am hoping that I get it back soon I already miss it. I had the black tie protection program, Ive read where they are all out of Droid1 so if it doesnt get fixed you get a down grade is this true. Should i be worried
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links