DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Can not Load \dev\......advanced back up exited status 31

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (D1)

Can not Load \dev\......advanced back up exited status 31

This is no emergency, I am just sick of copying my files from the SD card and taking the battery out, removing the SD Card, formatting in windows, reinstalling in phone, formatting in phone and then being able to do a back up with sprecovery 0.99.3b, and them moving my files back to the SD card.

This is the only solution that I have found that works consistently. I read somewhere to open a terminal emulator and "su">sync>exit" but running the sync command doesn't help either. I have tried Settings>SD card and Storage>Unmount SD card>Mount SD card. No Joy. In sprecovery I tried "mount options", nothing else seems to work.

I have made nandroid backups along the way, and I would like to be able to make advanced backups "all" consistently, without an hour lost to get the SD card to mount in sprecovery.

I got rom manager, but it was causing the same issue. I uninstalled it and haven't tried it again.

Any help would be appreciated, just so frustration, not to be able to back up and load roms at will.

Android Version 2.2
    Baseband version C_01.43.01P
    Kernel version Chevyno1 2.6.32-lowV-1.1 Ghz
    Build number FRG22D

Thanks Rescue Squad, I figured you guys have addressed this noob thing.
    EDIT
    I have never "Clear data/cache". I didn't understand what I would lose. I didn't want to have reload all my apps/widgets. What exactly does this remove? if I have Titanium back up, would this help me? Please share your experience on the "quickest/best way to load roms, and get back to the same "state".
    Last edited by hankafyin; 09-08-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: More info/another question
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid (D1)
    I really don't like to reply to my own post, but I got this in the wrong area anyway.

I was able to "fix" my issue by taking a deep breath, and clear data/cache. I reinstalled ROM manager, and now I am rocking Liquid Frozen Yogurt. Titanium Back UP was a godsend. With all the themes and two launchers, that should keep me busy for a while.

ROM manager is working well, I just have to reboot recovery sometimes.
    Last edited by hankafyin; 09-09-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: correct term

Links