I have a Droid 2 phone which sometimes sends text messages that are either blank or random symbols/characters. Here is the fact pattern:
- Problem never occurred with my old LG phone.
- Problem doesn’t occur all the time, just several times a day.
- The texts can be read on the senders phone but not on the recipients phone.
- The recipients of the bad texts are spread across different carriers – not just one.
- The recipients of the bad texts are spread across a spectrum of phone types.
- The chance of a bad text being received increases when the text message is a long one.
- The chance of a bad text showing up as being “blank” increase if the recipients phone is older.
- The chance of a bad text showing up as being “symbols” increases if the recipients phone is newer.
- The Droid 2 phone in question was replaced with a second brand new Droid 2 and the problem continues to happen.
- The Droid 2 phones have been checked out with Verizon Wireless Tech Support who says there is no problem (Ha!).
- Verizon Wireless has stated that they know of no network issue or phone issue which could be causing this to happen.
- Verizon Wireless Tech has stated there is no user setting in place which would cause this to happen.
- Motorola tech support has stated they know of no issue with this phone which would cause this to happen.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I’m very close to junking this phone and going back to my old LG phone.