DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clockwork recovery not working correctly :/

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid :D

Clockwork recovery not working correctly :/

I have been working on trying to fix this for a couple hours now and am absolutely freaking out. I cannot get my phone to go back to factory.

I have a Moto Droid, rooted with EasyRoot, and I used Rom Manager to install a few roms and check them out. Everything was working fine, I was installing them, checking them out and moving on. I installed Cyanogen 6.0R2 and it works just fine, but now my Rom Manager is being odd. I tried to just go back to my original rooted 2.2 and it says "error with privileges" or something to that effect. I uninstalled the update, and then reinstalled the update. I then tried to just install a different mod like I had been doing and it let me download it, but when I get to the part where it asked to clear data and restart recovery, I check them and click restart, but it does nothing. I tried to flash it do the SPrecovery and do the update.zip of 2.2 manually, but it wont let me flash SPrecovery. It gives me that error with privileges message again. I have manually restarted and held X which puts me in Clockwork Mod 2.5.0.1 recovery screen, but after about 3 seconds it boots up without letting me select anything. I can move the menu, but I either click the enter and it just boots up, or wait 3 seconds and it automatically boots up. I am freaking out because I do not know how to override this to get my phone back to 2.2 rooted, or unrooted I honestly do not care. I just want factory basically.

Please if someone can help me out I would be so grateful.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    First thing I would try is going into ROM manager and down towards the bottom of the menu should be an option to fix permissions. GIve that a try and post back.
    Moto Droid
    ROM: UD 3.0
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    It says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"

I also just noticed as I went to take a screen capture with Dropcap, it says failed to initialize. It is like the root is not being seen. It was totally working though.. I did notice that it chaged my superuser logo from a ninja to some skull thing and since then I have been having this issue.

Thanks for the fast reply
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Boot into clockworkmod manually and install a backup
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by droidman101 View Post
    Boot into clockworkmod manually and install a backup

I did that. I powered off.. Then held X with power, and it comes up to the screen but no matter what I do, it just goes to Moto logo then boots up. I click on restore from sdcard, or the other one for zip, but it all just boots up. Also it only sits in recovery menu for about 3 seconds before it boots up regardless what I do.

Also, the icon to boot to recovery on Rom Manager does nothing too. It just closes box that says its going to restart and goes on as if I had done nothing.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    Hmm, your recovery is gone and your su is broken... you'll need to flash an sbf
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by droidman101 View Post
    Hmm, your recovery is gone and your su is broken... you'll need to flash an sbf
    Perhaps I got in over my head and now will probably learn a wonderful lesson, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

It seems all straight forward up until now and I realize that I am not cut out to deal with these things. If someone could possibly explain in the most easiest of ways I promise I will leave my phone alone from now on.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    X2 for flashing the sbf
    Moto Droid
    ROM: UD 3.0
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    How do I flash SBF? It is not letting me do anything manual in the way of recovery, so unless this is something I can do without Rom Manager or dealing with clockwork recovery it may work, otherwise its not letting me do ANYTHING with those programs.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I just read on other thread on how to flash this, but It says DO NOT DO IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IT WILL RUIN YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR..

Well I do not know what I am doing and this would be terrible..

:EDIT:

I followed the instructions on how to do this.. I get to where I select my sbf file and click "start" only I cant click start.. It is not highlighted, so now what? LOL
    Last edited by droidchickohnoes; 08-14-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links