DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: PLEASE HELP!! Factory reset through settings or SPR?

  1. Droid
    TopDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    98148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Unhappy PLEASE HELP!! Factory reset through settings or SPR?

    Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
    However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
    Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

    Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
    However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
    Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

    Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......
    Do it through SPR, you can also go into mount options and enable usb mass storage to access your sd card right from SPR if you wanted to try a Rom.

    Just do factory reset x2
    format cache partition x2
    then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot.
  4. Droid
    TopDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    98148
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta,GA
    Posts
    77
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
    However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
    Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

    Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......
    Do it through SPR, you can also go into mount options and enable usb mass storage to access your sd card right from SPR if you wanted to try a Rom.

    Just do factory reset x2
    format cache partition x2
    then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot.
    sorry for the double post.

    Ok, The only thing is is that my phone wont recognize my sd card. Even if it did i dont have a Rom installed. I was going to install a FRG22 rom but after I installed SPR my phone was going Crazy!! Youre probaly thinking I should have installed a rom first I guess but I thought I was supposed to install SPR first but whatever. I screwed up some how but thats besides the point.. I just want to get my phone back to normal.
    So the process youre explaining will get me back to normal?

    Do in this order?(Minus the rom part)
    1.Just do factory reset x2
    2.format cache partition x2
    3.then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot(ill just reboot)

    Thanks for the help man!!
  5. Rescue Squad
    Tallica's Avatar
    Member #
    48266
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Middleboro, MA
    Posts
    3,259
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDroid View Post
    Hey guys, I tried to install SPRecovery on my stock droid 2.2 FRG01B last night and it totally messed it up! Now my phone wont stay on for more than 2 mins, wont make calls, sent 20 random texts to my friend this morning, force close with i open a app, and wont recognize any app data in settings>apps!! This is driving me crazy!
    However I can get into SPRecovery only problem is when i hook up USB, it doesnt recognize it. Plus on top of everything it says my battery is completely dead even though its around 70%.
    Im tempted to just quit messing with it and do a factory reset. So where should I factory reset? in settings or through SPR? (keep in mind my phone dies after about 2 mins when get it to the regular home screen. If i boot to SPR it doesnt die)

    Please freakin help!! Im tempted to take it back to verizon and see what they can do.......
    Do it through SPR, you can also go into mount options and enable usb mass storage to access your sd card right from SPR if you wanted to try a Rom.

    Just do factory reset x2
    format cache partition x2
    then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot.
    sorry for the double post.

    Ok, The only thing is is that my phone wont recognize my sd card. Even if it did i dont have a Rom installed. I was going to install a FRG22 rom but after I installed SPR my phone was going Crazy!! Youre probaly thinking I should have installed a rom first I guess but I thought I was supposed to install SPR first but whatever. I screwed up some how but thats besides the point.. I just want to get my phone back to normal.
    So the process youre explaining will get me back to normal?

    Do in this order?(Minus the rom part)
    1.Just do factory reset x2
    2.format cache partition x2
    3.then either install a new Rom and reboot or just reboot(ill just reboot)

    Thanks for the help man!!
    Hopefully, if you just installed SPR it shouldn't have messed with anything in the OS. that process should put you back to whatever you are running but it should be clean

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Factory Reset
    By bryant_16 in forum Android Games
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 05:39 AM
  2. Difference Between Factory Reset And Hard Reset?
    By NVash in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
  3. factory reset
    By mikecolorama in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
  4. Factory reset????
    By emscapt47 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 08:20 AM
  5. Factory Reset
    By eyerockz in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Search tags for this page

droid factory reset using usb
,
factory reset droid usb
,
hard reset android usb
,

how to do factory reset on android via usb

,
how to force android to reset via usb
,

how to reset android via usb

,
motorola droid sprecovery factory reset
,
reset android through usb
,
should i format usb storage android hard reset
,

sprdroid hard reset

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+