Hello im trying to boot the new froyo to my android phone, here are the steps that i went through to get it done. when i get to the last step and try to boot up to finally have froyo working i get stuck on the M logo screen.
There is something weird that i noticed before i post the things i did, when i install the sdcard/update.zip(deprecated) onto the phone it shows a progress meter and jumps to 20 percent and doesnt move past that, although it says below that instilation is complete, ive waited for up to 10 minutes on that screen to see if it moves, but never does. could this be my problem?
Here are the steps necessary to root your Droid. There are quite a few, but believe me, once you finish it you will have a much improved Droid.
1. Download this SPF recovery file (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service) on your Windows computer and place it somewhere other than your desktop. Do not rename it.
2. Download and install the Motorola USB drivers for your Droid on your Windows computer. 32 bit (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto..._bit_4.2.0.zip) 64 bit (http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto..._bit_4.2.0.zip)
3. Download and install RSD Lite 4.6 on your Windows computer - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
4. Connect your Droid to your Windows computer and then turn it off.
5. Open RSD Lite 4.6 and run as Administrator. If you only have 1 user on your computer you don't have to worry about running as Administrator.
6. Slide open your keyboard, hold up on the d-pad (which would be the right key if holding the phone vertical), then the power button for 5 seconds and release.
7. Your Droid should have be at a black screen with text. This is your bootloader.
8. In RSD Lite click the … next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the SPRecover_ESE81.sbf file from step 1.
9. Double click and open the file.
10. Click “start” and allow the SPRecovery SBF to flash. This should not take long.
11. Allow for your phone to reboot and for RSD Lite to show that you are 100% and completed. - This is very important, make sure it says 100% before you unplug your Droid from the computer.
12. Close RSD Lite and disconnect your phone. You now have SPRecovery installed on your Droid.
Now it's time to flash Sapphire 1.0.0 to your Droid.
1. Download Sapphire 1.0.0 to your Windows computer. You can download the file here - http://files.ccroms.net/download.php...id_x-theme.zip
2. Rename the file update.zip (make sure you don't have it named update.zip.zip as this will throw you an error)
3. Place the .zip file on the root of your SD card, not in a folder.
4. Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and “x” button at the same time).
5. Using the volume up/down switch highlight “Wipe data/factory reset” and select with the camera button. - All of your apps from the Market will redownload themselves, so you won't lose anything.
6. Choose “Wipe cache partition.” - This will erase all your passwords, texts, etc. No way around this. Sorry.
7. Choose “Install.”
8. Choose “Allow update.zip installation.”
9. Choose “Install /sdcard/update.zip (deprecated).”
10. The update.zip will now be installed.
11. When it finishes, select reboot.
12. When your phone boots up, you will have to re-add your Google accounts.
13. You are done.
14. Allow all your applications to redownload from the Android Market.
please help me.