DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can't boot to recovery...?

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Ni
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet View Post
    Open Rom Manager and reflash Clockwork Recovery, then flash SpRecovery and if you want to use Clockwork,then reflash it again. I am not suggesting that you use Rom Manager to do anything other than this action. I strongly recommend using the recovery of your choice for backups, restores and loading .zip files.

good luck.
    that worked for me ty.... i've been having Rom Manager problems everytime I use it
    That is why I don't use it. I do use clockwork now instead of spr, but I'm through with RM. I find it fun to do these things manually.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Baton Rouge, LA
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
    I had this problem and I reflashed sprecovery an then I turned off my phone and tried to boot into recovery. This still didn't work. So I turned my phone back on an reflashed clockwork again. I haven't tried this yet because after I flashed sprecovery an turned my phone back on it appeared as if my when through the boot animation twice, which scared me but it did boot up. any suggestions?
    any help???
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    I had this problem and I reflashed sprecovery an then I turned off my phone and tried to boot into recovery. This still didn't work. So I turned my phone back on an reflashed clockwork again. I haven't tried this yet because after I flashed sprecovery an turned my phone back on it appeared as if my when through the boot animation twice, which scared me but it did boot up. any suggestions?
    any help???
    I have been having some problems with getting into recovery when I power on and hold x. However, I noticed that if you use the RM option to boot into recovery, it works. Or, if you have a ROM that supports it, you can use the reboot command from a terminal. (The command is different for different ROMs. Check the documentation.)
    P.S. I too have had a lot of problems with using RM to install ROMs. I only use it to update CW and re-flash CW when it breaks.
  4. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    TBOLT / Charge
    Premium Member
    ROM Manager is very fickle. There are a couple of steps you can do that will make RM work better for you.

First and foremost....... always clear the download cache in RM. To do this go into RM > menu > clear download cache. I do this everytime I want to do anything in RM.

Second, whenever possible, I run WiFi when downloading trough RM. Using WiFi instead of your 3G makes RM download faster and more complete. Less changes of a corrupted download.

I have been using RM since I rooted and have had only a few minor problems with it. Once I started do the above 2 steps, no more issues with RM.
  5. Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    Premium Member
    also, after flashing a recovery method TEST the reboot into recovery to see if it took so you are not caught unaware.
    Dave MacLeod

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    i'm having another problem and i was wondering if anyone could help me...backing up using sprecovery is working fine but when i try to backup using rom manager, after i click backup my phone reboots and then when i open rom manager it says recovery failure. then it gives me three options; recovery mode is broken, rom manager doesn't reboot, and other. does anyone know why this may be occurring?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links