DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: MAJOR issue - Help needed ASAP

  1. Senior Droid
    Dan at Marquette's Avatar
    Member #
    23533
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    146
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    MAJOR issue - Help needed ASAP

    I just loaded Pete's BB 0.4, smooth as silk. Install took me inside 10 minutes total to wipe data/cache 3x, everything loaded up, life was good. The market even reinstalled all of my apps.

    I went into ROM Manager, flashed clockwork and wanted to use one of Chevy's Froyo Kernels since this one was running really hot and I had awesome luck with Chevy's on earlier ROMs. It asks to go into clockwork to complete installation. Fine.

    It got stuck at the M boot logo. No big deal, right? So I battery pull, try to boot into recovery. No go. I can boot into bootloader, but I've never used that before, and every computer in my house is a Mac. I'm pretty sure most have said that you need a Windows computer to run bootloader through the USB, but I'm not sure. So right now I'm unofficially bricked. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,627
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #2
    You do not need to run bootloader. Just install the froyo rom through recovery, wipe data/cache, reboot.
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan at Marquette View Post
    I just loaded Pete's BB 0.4, smooth as silk. Install took me inside 10 minutes total to wipe data/cache 3x, everything loaded up, life was good. The market even reinstalled all of my apps.

    I went into ROM Manager, flashed clockwork and wanted to use one of Chevy's Froyo Kernels since this one was running really hot and I had awesome luck with Chevy's on earlier ROMs. It asks to go into clockwork to complete installation. Fine.

    It got stuck at the M boot logo. No big deal, right? So I battery pull, try to boot into recovery. No go. I can boot into bootloader, but I've never used that before, and every computer in my house is a Mac. I'm pretty sure most have said that you need a Windows computer to run bootloader through the USB, but I'm not sure. So right now I'm unofficially bricked. Anyone have any ideas?
    Yeah, you need to load RSD Lite to install SPRecovery and you can't do that with a Mac unless you have boot camp and a copy of Windows.

    I don't think you're screwed though. I don't know much about Clockwork so hopefully one of the guys can help you through it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,627
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #4
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...ng-guides.html


    follow that guide to install the rom
  5. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    You do not need to run bootloader. Just install the froyo rom through recovery, wipe data/cache, reboot.
    He said he couldn't boot into recovery.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    mkraffert's Avatar
    Member #
    36376
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    264
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? If you do a battery pull, hold the center of the D-Pad and power up the phone will go into Safe Mode. I don't know if that will work for a kernel issue, but I've had it work when I hosed my launcher and it couldn't boot to a place where I could do anything with the phone. It might work for hanging at the M. No promises though.
    Loved my original Droid with a Sourcery ROM.
    Liked my Thunderbolt, but would have loved it with a Sourcery ROM.
    Love my Galaxy Nexus rocking a Sourcery ROM the most!
  7. Master Droid
    lumpysherman's Avatar
    Member #
    9782
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    329
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    GNex
    #7
    I used win xp in parallels on my mac to work with rsdlite. Golden like a **ower.
    YMB

    GNex
    Bugless Beast JB
  8. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,627
    Liked
    1688 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    You do not need to run bootloader. Just install the froyo rom through recovery, wipe data/cache, reboot.
    He said he couldn't boot into recovery.
    My bad, miss that I read it and thought he said he could get into recovery.
  9. Junior Droid
    kole's Avatar
    Member #
    64110
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    i've had this happen to me a few times before with sprecovery, i've always been able to bootup into normal mode when i cant get into recovery. if you use rom manager from now on try putting the setting to erase recovery before installing another recovery.
  10. Senior Droid
    Dan at Marquette's Avatar
    Member #
    23533
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    146
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Alright after following the tutorial through, I think we're okay. Thanks for the help, gentlemen (and any ladies?). Now to find a kernel that doesn't run way hot for BB Froyo, and will actually boot for me...

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Need help ASAP PLEASE!!
    By basedboii in forum Bugless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 06:34 AM
  2. Major help needed with new update!!!!
    By Handshake in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. Booting to SPRecovery?? **ANSWER NEEDED ASAP**
    By D3C4F in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 02:43 PM
  4. Google Checkout in Marketplace major issue
    By oopslolz in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
  5. Major Quality Issue?
    By ezeddiekun in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 05:53 AM
Find us on Google+