DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clockwork/ROM manager and Froyo/2.2 issues.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    If you can not download the rom through rom manager just install it through sprecovery .
    The problem I'd like to fix now would be that I can't download Rom Manager itself.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    I have yet to be able to boot into recovery in CW/RM, no matter what I try. Not a big deal for me personally as I can do everything I need to in SPR, but FYI. Tried flashing/reflashing, etc, still no luck.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Currently, members seem to be experiencing issues with RM/CM especially with the new 2.2 Roms. If you are not able to make progress, may I suggest that you go to the IRC site
    Real Time IRC Support, CLICK HERE! and speak directly with Koush and his team regarding your particular issue. Hopefully, they will be able to provide guidance that will allow you to successfully install a new 2.2 rom that runs on your phone without any issues. Additionally, I ask that you relay back to this thread any advice, suggestions, or recommendations that you receive from Koush's team.

Mike
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GalaxyNexus, stock ROM, rooted
    Has anyone else had problems with 2.0.0.5? Every time I flash it and try to boot into recovery it hangs at the Motorola M forever. Literally, if I let it, or at least until the battery ran out. I flashed down to 2.0.0.3 and everything is fine again.
    GEE-NEX
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Froid
    Quote Originally Posted by Double_D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    If you can not download the rom through rom manager just install it through sprecovery .
    The problem I'd like to fix now would be that I can't download Rom Manager itself.
    I was able to restore mine from Titanium backup, and this solved my updating problem. See if you can find the .apk somewhere online and do it that way. It is a free program right?
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid by Motorola
    I was trying to go from SPRecovery to CW Recovery and when I flashed CW Recovery from the program it said installed successfully. Reboot into recovery only to be at the M forever until a battery pull.

SOLUTION:
    So I flashed SPRecovery back on from Rom manager, rebooted into recovery all is well. I Wiped Cache, rebooted and reinstalled CW Recovery from Rom manager, and BLAM now I am finally running CW Recovery.

Bottom line: Rom manager needs to be updated to wipe cache BEFORE flashing CW Recovery.
  7. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gloo View Post
    I was trying to go from SPRecovery to CW Recovery and when I flashed CW Recovery from the program it said installed successfully. Reboot into recovery only to be at the M forever until a battery pull.

SOLUTION:
    So I flashed SPRecovery back on from Rom manager, rebooted into recovery all is well. I Wiped Cache, rebooted and reinstalled CW Recovery from Rom manager, and BLAM now I am finally running CW Recovery.

Bottom line: Rom manager needs to be updated to wipe cache BEFORE flashing CW Recovery.
    I suggest that you and others forward your concerns/observations/request to Koush and his team at the IRC Real Time IRC Support, CLICK HERE!
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GalaxyNexus, stock ROM, rooted
    Honestly every release - and there have been what, 6 in the last 3 days, maybe 7? - makes it worse. The last CW Recovery that works for me is 2.0.0.3.
    GEE-NEX
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Yes there have been several releases. For me, ones best option is to flash SPRcovery and stay there until RM/CW gets stabilized.

Mike
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    the only way i've been able to get things to work with both rom manager and sprecovery is just to flash back and fourth multiple times. flash sprecovery 3 times in a row then flash rom manager 3 times in a row etc. it is amazingly frustrating. i really wish devs could decide on one recovery to focus on so all the geniuses could put their heads together and make the user experience much better. i don't know much about it, but the impression that i've gotten is that it's a pissing contest from devs not actual dev preference due to functionality.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links