DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *sighs* about to pull my hair out trying to get a simple root done

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Unhappy *sighs* about to pull my hair out trying to get a simple root done

Hello everyone.. I've been reading over the posts that most of you have some graciously posted on here for us noobs.. but here is my dilemma! :-(
    I have tried almost every method I have read in various forums in regards to rooting my moto droid 2.1 stock. I'm wanting just a simple root, so i can throw the froyo 2.2 rom w/ the 1.3 ghz kernel.. I'm at the point of letting someone remotely access my laptop just to make things easier.. as well as less repetitiveness for most of you, because I know your sick of repeating yourself about this effing root 2.1 lol. PLLLLEEAASEE the easiest and briefest explanation would be amazing. Further details.. : i have sprecovery flashed. I have all the necessary files.. for some reason its just moving on to the next step. :*(

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    how do i know if i have the right update.zip file to root 2.1? I know your probably tired of explaining all this man.. when i reboot into spr.. i do the factory restore,wipe cache and then when i press install (depreciated) it tells me somethings blocked
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Galaxy Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixeternal26 View Post
    how do i know if i have the right update.zip file to root 2.1? I know your probably tired of explaining all this man.. when i reboot into spr.. i do the factory restore,wipe cache and then when i press install (depreciated) it tells me somethings blocked
    Did you do "allow zip installation" first?
    Droid X - Apex 1.4.1 Watermark'd
    Galaxy Tab - Stock, Rooted

Inventory and Purchasing Manager, Verizon Wireless Premium Agent
    And just for Good Measure, UPSer!
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthgriffin View Post
    Did you do "allow zip installation" first?
    I got stuck for 30 minutes on that step back a while ago. You never forget that step again!

Phoenix...you're on the right track. You've read, gotten stumped, now are asking. Folks will get you there, step by step.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    you guys are awesome.. thank you for being so patient! as far as the "allow zip" that option doesn't appear.. I see "rom from sd card" Allow update.zip install" and Allow update.zip install(depreciated)... am I missing a step or a file somewhere?! I know this is like supppppper trusting, but I really am about to start pulling what hair I have left out lol. I see all the hype and excitement about uber-fast phones and I want one damn it! lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X, Galaxy Tab
    you guys are awesome.. thank you for being so patient! as far as the "allow zip" that option doesn't appear.. I see "rom from sd card" Allow update.zip install" and Allow update.zip install(depreciated)... am I missing a step or a file somewhere?! I know this is like supppppper trusting, but I really am about to start pulling what hair I have left out lol. I see all the hype and excitement about uber-fast phones and I want one damn it! lol
    Did you do the "Allow update.zip install" option before trying to actually install the Zip?
    Droid X - Apex 1.4.1 Watermark'd
    Galaxy Tab - Stock, Rooted

Inventory and Purchasing Manager, Verizon Wireless Premium Agent
    And just for Good Measure, UPSer!
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    *goes and sits in corner & puts dunce cap on* lol I read a few places that I was just supposed to restore to factory - wipe cache partition - then install zip ( depreciated ) didn't see/read where I was just supposed to go down the line more or less. Is the update.zip file ( for basic stock 2.1 w/root) a big file.. like 125mbs? by chance?
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    *goes and sits in corner & puts dunce cap on* lol I read a few places that I was just supposed to restore to factory - wipe cache partition - then install zip ( depreciated ) didn't see/read where I was just supposed to go down the line more or less. Is the update.zip file ( for basic stock 2.1 w/root) a big file.. like 125mbs? by chance?
    There are various files out there that are renamed to update.zip and placed on the root of your card. The file you are grabbing should tell you what it is before you go to get it. ie: grab the back to stock file here...or go grab the 2.2 file there.

The best bet is to visit the thread with directions you want to use, follow it step by step, and if it doesn't work post in that same thread. Those who created the guide, and quite likely others too, will chime in and guide you.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    still no luck :-(( :-(( i don't understand how I can be missing something when I'm following the directions to the T.Anyone ok with remote access?!? I'm at the end of my witts lol. Exhausted all other possibilities lol. Or at least a messenger service so we can talk and walk through it together step by step.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links