DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wifi constantly scanning and d/cing

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

wifi constantly scanning and d/cing

Hi guys. So today I decide I wanted to give bb froyo a try and so I installed it from rom manager. I was coming from bb 1.1. So basically my issue is when I have froyo installed, be it the leaked version or bb my wifi goes crazy. It can and does connect but then it just constantly dis and reconnects and scans nonstop. I can't get it to work. I have tried several p3 kernels as well as the defaults. It is very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I am back on bb 1.1 in the meantime and my wifi works fine on it.

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I would suggest a good old fashioned wipe of data and cache 3x and then a reinstall of BB Froyo first.
    OG Droid w/ Pete's GPA16 w/ stock Kernel using auto OC script. (retired)

LG G2X w/ rooted 2.3.3 leak.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    I would suggest a good old fashioned wipe of data and cache 3x and then a reinstall of BB Froyo first.
    I was going to try that but got kind of confused how to. In clock work recovery when I say install a rom from sd card will it ask me to locate the zip I want or will it need something on the root of the sd card? I appreciate your help.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ddarksiderr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkseider View Post
    I was going to try that but got kind of confused how to. In clock work recovery when I say install a rom from sd card will it ask me to locate the zip I want or will it need something on the root of the sd card? I appreciate your help.
    Not familiar with clockwork as I still use SPRecovery. Just in case copy the .zip ROM file to the root of the SD card so you know where it is and point it to it.

EDIT: Remember to wipe Data and Cache 3x before re-applying BB Froyo.

It's OK for your Droid to be different. Just be supportive and reassuring and it will do just fine. It's when you or other people point at it or mock it for being different is when its' feelings get hurt. Just show it unconditional love regardless of its' differences and it will in turn reciprocate that love and loyalty.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'll flash sp and install it that way. I really appreciate you helping me. I'll see what happens when I install it this way.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well unfortuately my problem didn't go away. I don't know wtf it could be. Wifi works flawlessly in bb 1.1, but in any froyo build it just ceases to work correctly. Any other suggestion guys?

Seems like I spoke too soon. I reinstalled it again using sp and cleared the cache 3 times too. Previously I thought the factory reset did both. WOOT I GOT ME OME DELICIOUS FROYO! Thanks for your help Darkseider. I like our similar names
    Last edited by ddarksiderr; 06-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Well for some bizzare reason, my wifi works until I try to put a theme or anything on it. Maybe even restarting the power causes it. still looking for suggestions.
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by ddarksiderr View Post
    Well for some bizzare reason, my wifi works until I try to put a theme or anything on it. Maybe even restarting the power causes it. still looking for suggestions.
    Don't put a theme on it? Remember this is an early build of Froyo. Personally I would just get it to the point where you had it working fine and leave it alone. Granted vanilla Android ain't as pretty as themed Android but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I'm going to reformat my sd card just incase that helps, which I doubt it will. This is extremely frustrating and it seems like I am the only person to have this issue. I have tried to clear cache and data at least twenty times and once in a while it will let me have a wifi connection but most of the time it just goes crazy and scans, connects, gets ip address, disconnects, and repeats endlessly. I have no idea wtf my phone's problem is.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I can't test this but maybe the wep on my network is causing the issues? My wifi fails in every single froyo rom bbut works in the 2.1s.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links