I'm trying to set individual ringtones for several people in my contact list. I've followed the instructions below:
HOW TO ADD CUSTOM RINGTONES AND NOTIFICATION SOUNDS TO YOUR PHONE:
1. Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable
2. From the Droid home screen, pull down the Notification bar, located at the top of the screen (or you can also press the Menu Key on the front of your Droid and then select Notifications)
3. Select USB Connected
4. Select Mount
5. From your computer explore the ‘Removable Disk’ which is actually your SD card.
6. Create a folder called Media directly on your SD card, and then create these subfolders inside the Media folder so you should see this structure when browsing the SD card:
Media/Audio (Located inside Media folder)
Media/Notifications (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/MP3s (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/Ringtones (Located inside Audio folder)
Media/Alarms (Located inside Audio folder)
Then just drop your files into the appropriate folder, and assign your personalized ringtones to contacts, email, and the alarm clock.
HOW TO ADD A CUSTOM RINGTONE TO A CONTACT:
1. Go to the Home Screen.
2. Touch Contacts.
3. Select the contact you want to add the ringtone to.
4. Touch the Menu Key.
5. Touch Options.
6. Touch Ringtone and select the desired ringtone.
But when I go to the Options & Ringtone, all that shows up are the default ones.
I've even got the same files copied in the Ringtones & MP3 folders.
What am I doing wrong?
Also, a question on contacts.....
I use Yahoo email & have done so for about as long as Yahoo's been around. My wife has done AOL forever as well.
What we'd like to do is to be able to "slice" our contacts in our phones a few different ways. We'd both like for them to show the contacts we already had in our phones in a list by themselves, but we can't tell how to get them there. The second set of contacts are those from our address books on our online email systems. Those are the contacts we'd want to pull up & use whenever we're sending an email.
How do you do that as well?