DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Cant receive text messages while on a call

  1. Junior Droid
    jmur's Avatar
    Member #
    67291
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #1

    Cant receive text messages while on a call

    Okay, lately my girlfriend and I have been falling asleep on the phone together (as we have a long distance relationship), and Ive noticed that when I get up the next morning and we eventually hang up, I get a rush of text messages all at once. Friends that have texted me in the overnight hours and the early morning hours...I dont get them until a minute or 2 after i end the call. Ive never noticed this problem during the day when I make calls...I can always receive texts just fine. When this problem is occuring text messages I send get sent, but the responses dont get back to me until I hang up..

    any suggestions?
  2. rooster.droid's Avatar
    Member #
    24329
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    76
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    hang up before you fall asleep.
  3. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #3
    That is a normal behaviour, if you are on 2G networks. 2G networks does not allow DATA transfer while calling....if they cant be transferred, they are stored on a server and transferred later on!
  4. Junior Droid
    jmur's Avatar
    Member #
    67291
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    That is a normal behaviour, if you are on 2G networks. 2G networks does not allow DATA transfer while calling....if they cant be transferred, they are stored on a server and transferred later on!
    but why can i receive text messages sometimes, and not others? it only seems to happen when im on the phone for an extended period of time. my girlfriend (who also has a droid) does not have this problem.
  5. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    That is a normal behaviour, if you are on 2G networks. 2G networks does not allow DATA transfer while calling....if they cant be transferred, they are stored on a server and transferred later on!
    but why can i receive text messages sometimes, and not others? it only seems to happen when im on the phone for an extended period of time. my girlfriend (who also has a droid) does not have this problem.
    well, if that is true, there are 2 solutions

    #1 send it in for an error

    #2 try to flash the firmware again

    Thats all i can advise!
  6. Junior Droid
    jmur's Avatar
    Member #
    67291
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RinTinTigger View Post
    That is a normal behaviour, if you are on 2G networks. 2G networks does not allow DATA transfer while calling....if they cant be transferred, they are stored on a server and transferred later on!
    but why can i receive text messages sometimes, and not others? it only seems to happen when im on the phone for an extended period of time. my girlfriend (who also has a droid) does not have this problem.
    well, if that is true, there are 2 solutions

    #1 send it in for an error

    #2 try to flash the firmware again

    Thats all i can advise!
    how do i go about re-flashing the firmware?
  7. Premium Member
    RinTinTigger's Avatar
    Member #
    544
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany, Near Frankfurt/Main
    Posts
    2,916
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Milestone VF Germany
    Premium Member
    #7
    Ill forward you to the rescue team, cuz i never owned a droid, and on my milestone its a little different!
  8. Droid
    KungFuGeek's Avatar
    Member #
    3685
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    78
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    data doesn't work at the same time as voice, unless you are connected via wifi. (on cdma networks, such as verizon and sprint)

    My bet is that your girlfriend has a wifi connection so she gets her txts, while you are on 3g, so you don't until you hang up.

    (didn't you see the att commercials :P )
  9. Junior Droid
    jmur's Avatar
    Member #
    67291
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuGeek View Post
    data doesn't work at the same time as voice, unless you are connected via wifi. (on cdma networks, such as verizon and sprint)

    My bet is that your girlfriend has a wifi connection so she gets her txts, while you are on 3g, so you don't until you hang up.

    (didn't you see the att commercials :P )
    We are both on Verizon.
  10. Master Droid
    rkeller62's Avatar
    Member #
    13603
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    424
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10

    Re: Cant receive text messages while on a call

    I am pretty sure that SMS messages are not using your data connection as I have received messages while on a phone call. Almost positive I was not connected to wifi at the time.

    EDIT: Just verified this by calling my office phone and then sending myself a text via vzw website. I received the text while still connected to the phone call. Wifi is definitely disabled.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. phone wont call or receive calls or messages
    By LdaSense420 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
  2. Restoring text messages, call log, etc...
    By Universal in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM
  4. Help: Just got a droid, can I talk and receive/answer a text
    By funfamily in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
  5. Sending Text... Receive Verification
    By ThePhoneGuy in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Search tags for this page

can t receive phone that texts while you talk

,

cant receive can i get messages while talking on my iphone

,

i phone 5 recieve texts while on phone

,

my iphone 5 i cant get text messages while on a call

,

receive texts while on the phone

,

rugby iii how to receive text message while talking

,
text did not het delivered while on call
,

why cant i recieve a text message while on a phone call on i

,
why cant receive text while im on phone
,
why cant u get imessages while you on the phone
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+