DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cant find an answer...Hoping someone can figure this out...

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Cant find an answer...Hoping someone can figure this out...

Hey everyone,

Ive posted a few questions and never really got anywhere so here is my situation...hoping for some help lol.

This would be day 3 that ive tried to root, backup with sprecovery and install roms on my phone. My first try I was able to downgrade to 2.0.1 to get all the way to Bugless Beast v9 but my phone kept saying SD Card removed and I wasnt able to make a backup with advanced or simple backup in the recovery console using 99.3.

My second attempt I redowngraded again and was able to make a backup at first but again once I had BB v9 installed same thing with the sd card and wasnt able to restore my original, kept giving me errors about cant mount my sd card.

My third attempt I was able to root, couldnt get sprecovery to backup and when I tried to install UD v9.8 this is the error I got:

-- Install from sdcard --
    Finding update package..
    E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p0)
    (No such file or directory)
    E:Can't mount SDCARD.update.zip
    Installation aborted.

Downgraded again and how I am not even able to root, gives me the error that it cant mount my sd card.

Im lost to what the problem is. If i run it stock both when I first started with 2.1 and when its downgraded to 2.0.1 my sd card works just fine. Ive only had my droid a month or so and up until 3 days ago have never had any storage problems.

Can someone please help me?? Money is tight right now so I can exactly afford to go out and just buy another sd card but if thats what I need i'd really like to hear from someone that knows a lot about these phones and can give me some good insight. Maybe im just doing something wrong? I had been able to root it the first 3 times. I found those videos by vtothez and was going to try to follow those instead of matth3ws how to guide but now I cant even root.

Thanks in advance!!
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    If it is your sdcard (which I believe it could be) then you could.

A) unroot to stock and remove all rooted files
    b) flash rsd lite

Both will achieve the same goal....but see if you can take it to verizon to exchange for a new sdcard.
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    So your saying leave my phone unrooted, right now its stock on 2.0.1 and take it to verizon to get another sd card? How am I gonna convince them its bad? When its stock it runs just fine, the phone recognizes it. As far as rsd lite, if im understanding you correctly, I am able to use that to get back to stock
    Last edited by jak86; 04-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.
  4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    If you rooted 3 times I am trying to eliminate it is user error. The only other thing is if you are having problems putting files from your computer to your phone (ie pics) and you are unable to view pics or keep getting errors then it may be your sdcard.

The point I am trying to make that it is either user error or the sdcard. If it is the sdcard then you will probably have problems with more then just root files.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    When its stock I am able to copy files to it without any problem. The phone recognizes the sd card and when plugged into my computer it also recognizes it. However like I said I was able to root the first 3 times but ran into problems trying to backup 2 of the times. Both times I had Bugless Beast installed it would automatically come up as SD Card Removed with a little ! in the icon. If your familier with the tutorials by vtothez, I watched his video on rooting, which is the exact same way ive done everytime. I downloaded the update.zip onto my sdcard, same as always with only 1 .zip at the end, and rebooted my phone into recovery. As soon as I try to run the update.zip I get that error in my op.

Sorry if I'm being confusing or vague, I just dont understand what the proble is when i'm following the tutorials exactly as they are written.

Thanks again for replying!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Just went and bought a 4 gig microsdhc (couldnt afford a 16gb) and getting the same error. So did I do something to my phone itself? I did reformat on my phone before trying
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    jak86, slow down, you might get a more harmonious outcome.

As you have found out, your problems had NOTHING to do with your stock sdcard. IMHO, I think your problems all stemmed from your choice of ROMs. And I am not going to dis any one, BUT I am going to say this; before I try someone's ROM on my phone, I am damn sure going to read up about it as much as I can. If I read about alot of problems, I'm gonna pass. I've read about nothing but problems with UD. I personally experienced nothing but problems with BB. Nuff said.

To get you back, try going back via RSD Lite to 2.0.1 and then proceed from there, avoiding troublesome ROMs.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Avoiding troublesome roms at this point has nothing to do with being able to root and backup. Just for kicks i upgraded to 2.1 and now i'll give it one more shot downgrading to 2.0.1 and go from there
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Heres a bit of an update. I downgraded to 2.0.1 successfully. Try to root using dmupdater and eoeappinstaller. Got everything to work as far as the video tutorial until I had to reboot. When I was in the recovery console, as I watched the video I followed his directions to apply the update.zip and got that error again. So is my problem my phone?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Well, when I had to flash using RSD Lite to ESD56, the method I used to get back to where I wanted to be are at the end of this post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...not-brick.html

I also used dmupdater to re-root my phone but have never heard of the "eoeappinstaller" app so I am at a loss there. If you still have problems, please post a link to these video tutorials so I/we can see exactly what steps you're taking.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links