DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please Help.....!!!

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moselbee View Post
    Yes it said bootloader on the top left, but I tried it 3x and everytime it would go through it all, then when the RSD rebooted, it would just loop. After I did the VSZ file it is @ 2.0. Now I just want to root to be able to put a gps, kid watching type device on it without her being able to turn off. That was my entire quest when I started this at 10pm last night.. its now almost 5:30 AM! GRRRR teenagers!
    Ok so are you up and running now? And why do you need to root for this?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Because on our old phone verizon did it for me, and there was no way for her to turn it off... from my understanding unless u root i can't locate a program that will run in stealth that will not be able to be turned off by her. I am a single mom, and she is 17, I need to know she is where she says she is as a peace of mind for me. I have had family located on our phones and am spoiled, but it is not available for the droid through verizon... And we are wanting to be able to tether. Thats the big reasons...
  3. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Because on our old phone verizon did it for me, and there was no way for her to turn it off... from my understanding unless u root i can't locate a program that will run in stealth that will not be able to be turned off by her. I am a single mom, and she is 17, I need to know she is where she says she is as a peace of mind for me. I have had family located on our phones and am spoiled, but it is not available for the droid through verizon... And we are wanting to be able to tether. Thats the big reasons...
    Good reasons. I don't know about running a stealth program though. Have you tried the family locator app in the market? Its 10 bucks but might work for ya.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question

Don't I have to root if I want to be able to Tether? I have not tried it, I was going to give mobile defense a try - I read on another board that you can run it in stealth mode so that only the installer can turn it off?! or if it was stolen then the thief couldn't disable it.. but it had to be rooted... I am being prompted to update to 2.1, now my question is should I do this then root or root from the 2.0 that I am currently at? I did another one and had no problems, this one is killing me, idk what I am doing so wrong.

You will need to go to www.mobiledefense.com and create an account. The program deletes itself from your app drawer so people wont see the icon. It doesn't run all the time, it is activated by a text message sent to your phone from the mobile defense website when you activate the location finder.

The advantages of having root are that with root access you can make the program a system app, where it will not be able to be deleted by uninstalling via normal methods. Also, you are able to hide the text message that will be sent to your phone when accessing it over the internet.
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Don't I have to root if I want to be able to Tether? I have not tried it, I was going to give mobile defense a try - I read on another board that you can run it in stealth mode so that only the installer can turn it off?! or if it was stolen then the thief couldn't disable it.. but it had to be rooted... I am being prompted to update to 2.1, now my question is should I do this then root or root from the 2.0 that I am currently at? I did another one and had no problems, this one is killing me, idk what I am doing so wrong.
    To tether yes you need root. As far as mobile defense I haven't tried it. Don't. Take the update. Are you on 2.0 or 2.0.1?
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Talking

straight 2.0
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    I think you need to be on 2.0.1. How did you root originally?
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Welll... this is part of my problem I did it for my sister b4 the 2.1 was out, and she was on 2.01 and i just followed the instructions on the forum and it went perfect and i had no problems at all. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so I don't have to undo any more of my work...
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Welll... this is part of my problem I did it for my sister b4 the 2.1 was out, and she was on 2.01 and i just followed the instructions on the forum and it went perfect and i had no problems at all. I just want to make sure I am doing it correctly so I don't have to undo any more of my work...
    You can try dmupdater to see if that will root you quickly. You can get it from droidmod.org. not sure if it will work on 2.0.
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    This will get you to 2.0.1 if you need it http://www.longtermevolution.us/CDMA...201/update.zip
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links