DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Is my phone BRICKED?

  1. Senior Droid
    sports96's Avatar
    Member #
    33451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    178
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted
    #1

    Is my phone BRICKED?

    I'm stuck on the Welcome to Droid screen where it says Touch the android to begin. That is as far as I can get. When I reboot the phone using the Power and X key it opens in ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.8. I cant seem to get it to do anything else except this screen and the Welcome to Droid screen. Does this mean that my phone is Bricked? If not what can I do to fix this problem?

    Thanks
  2. Premium Member
    Backnblack's Avatar
    Member #
    6311
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,279
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    Moved you to where the experts are.....
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    Only the Skilled Survive

    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

    Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.



  3. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sports96 View Post
    I'm stuck on the Welcome to Droid screen where it says Touch the android to begin. That is as far as I can get. When I reboot the phone using the Power and X key it opens in ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.8. I cant seem to get it to do anything else except this screen and the Welcome to Droid screen. Does this mean that my phone is Bricked? If not what can I do to fix this problem?

    Thanks
    The meaning of bricked is it doesn't turn on. So no, it isn't bricked.

    Sounds like a buggy install. Wipe your data and try to reinstall the rom. If that doesn't work report back.
  4. Droid
    SL-1200's Avatar
    Member #
    34066
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

    I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by SL-1200; 04-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Droidin'
  5. Senior Droid
    sports96's Avatar
    Member #
    33451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    178
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

    I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm.
    How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.
  6. Droid
    SL-1200's Avatar
    Member #
    34066
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sports96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

    I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm.
    How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.
    Well, seeing that you can get back into Clockwork, try doing your latest backup. Then go into Rom Manager (if you have this installed) and at the bottom of the page flash SPRecovery (this will then use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod). Download the SPRecovery nandroid file for whichever rom, create a new folder in your nandroid folder (SD card) and extract file into that folder. Reboot into SPRecovery and restore using that folder.

    Someone please chime in if this sounds correct or if there is another way.
    Last edited by SL-1200; 04-13-2010 at 10:34 AM.
    Droidin'
  7. Master Droid
    NeverEndingXsin's Avatar
    Member #
    28049
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    722
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    NeverEndingXsin
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sports96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

    I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm.
    How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.
    Well, seeing that you can get back into Clockwork, try doing your latest backup. Then go into Rom Manager (if you have this installed) and at the bottom of the page flash SPRecovery (this will then use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod). Download the SPRecovery nandroid file for whichever rom, create a new folder in your nandroid folder (SD card) and extract file into that folder. Reboot into SPRecovery and restore using that folder.

    Someone please chime in if this sounds correct or if there is another way.
    that sounds correct to me
    Twitter? Follow Me @NeverEndingXsin

    Google+ Invites? Yeah i got them
  8. Droid
    SL-1200's Avatar
    Member #
    34066
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    St. Paul
    Posts
    51
    Phone
    Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndingXsin View Post
    that sounds correct to me
    Ha, oops I guess I meant if it doesn't sound correct lol
    Thanks for the support!
    Droidin'
  9. Senior Droid
    sports96's Avatar
    Member #
    33451
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    178
    Phone
    Droid - Rooted
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sports96 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SL-1200 View Post
    I had this problem as well when installing UD 9.8 (update.zip). I tried re-installing to no avail.

    I then tried installing with the SPRecovery nandroid format and it worked like a charm.
    How did you install with the SPRecovery nandroid format? I cant get off this screen.
    Well, seeing that you can get back into Clockwork, try doing your latest backup. Then go into Rom Manager (if you have this installed) and at the bottom of the page flash SPRecovery (this will then use SPRecovery instead of ClockworkMod). Download the SPRecovery nandroid file for whichever rom, create a new folder in your nandroid folder (SD card) and extract file into that folder. Reboot into SPRecovery and restore using that folder.

    Someone please chime in if this sounds correct or if there is another way.
    Ok here is what I did. In Clockwork I went to wipe data/factory reset and I did this 2 times. Then I went to wipe cache partition and did this 2 times. Then i went to nandroid, restore, and selected a file that looks like this 2010-04-02.21.10.08/ and it seems to install the backup but once it reboots it still comes back to the Welcome screen. Any suggestions?

    Thanks
  10. Premium Member
    Sam's Avatar
    Member #
    16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    dirty dirty
    Posts
    3,471
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Premium Member
    #10
    ok.. just to give you this link.. use it as a last resort because it is dangerous. easy, but dangerous. it will put you back at stock 2.0.1 and you can reroot from there with whatever rom you like.. though i'm sure there is a much easier fix.

    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...using-sbf.html
    -Respect is rule #1
    -Email us at DroidForumPromo@gmail to become a Supporting Vendor.
    -Not around as often as I used to be... Still, feel free to PM me if there is anything I can help with!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Is my phone bricked? what do i do!
    By ameyers1 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. think I bricked my phone?
    By fire34fighter in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
  3. Help! I think i have bricked my phone!
    By Kmac in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 10:53 PM
  4. Think I bricked my phone :(
    By DurangoJim in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM
  5. I think I Bricked my phone? HELP PLEASE
    By droid noobie in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Search tags for this page

bricked phone meaning
,
how does a bricked phone look
,
how does a bricked phone look like
,
what does a bricked android look like
,
what does a bricked android phone look like
,

what does a bricked phone look like

,
what does a bricked phone look like?
,
what does bricked phone look like
,
what does bricking a phone look like
,
what does bricking your phone mean
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+