DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: newbie needs help please!!!!

  1. Droid
    1barlog17's Avatar
    Member #
    57731
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Escondido, CA.
    Posts
    52
    Twitter
    1barlog17
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1

    newbie needs help please!!!!

    I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Premium Member
    hookbill's Avatar
    Member #
    10332
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    19,575
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    #2
    Moved to rescue squad.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Jim 777's Avatar
    Member #
    19480
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,271
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    See my sig, silly!
    #3
    Welcome! ..
    Droid Razr
    Custom Dialers for D1
    My broken glass icons: Broken Icons | Android Logo Icons (in progress): Android Icons

  5. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
    I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog
    If you don't mind losing your txts that may be on there and some app settings you can format the card in the phone and do a factory data reset as well. They won't hurt anything they will just take you back to factory setting. If you're rooted it will not unroot you. If you want to go back to stock we can help with that too.
  6. Droid
    1barlog17's Avatar
    Member #
    57731
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Escondido, CA.
    Posts
    52
    Twitter
    1barlog17
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Hey hook my names Eric but u can call me Barlog. I'm new to writing on forum's so I apologize if I mess up and sometimes I don't understand the lingo. But thanks for the replie.
  7. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
    Hey hook my names Eric but u can call me Barlog. I'm new to writing on forum's so I apologize if I mess up and sometimes I don't understand the lingo. But thanks for the replie.
    Stick around here and you'll be a pro in no time.
  8. Droid
    1barlog17's Avatar
    Member #
    57731
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Escondido, CA.
    Posts
    52
    Twitter
    1barlog17
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
    I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog
    If you don't mind losing your txts that may be on there and some app settings you can format the card in the phone and do a factory data reset as well. They won't hurt anything they will just take you back to factory setting. If you're rooted it will not unroot you. If you want to go back to stock we can help with that too.
    Thanks for the info how do you format the card? And I'm not rooted just stock.
  9. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1barlog17 View Post
    I'm new to the site and I'm getting pretty good at using the droid. But I've run into a problem. I bought the snes emulator from the market and I got a rom from roms4droid.com and made a new file for my roms to be put in. Everything went fine the game works but now every time I try to download something from the internet or someone sends me an email with an attachment and I try to open it it automatically sends it to my rom file and I can't View it. I have astro file manager and I uninstalled the snes emulator app and erased my rom file but my phone still sends all downloads to the emulator. My question is can I erase everything from my memory card and do a factory reset and not mess my phone up. Or how do I know what is on my card that is needed to run my phone just stock. Or is it safe to wipe my card clear and when I turn my phone back on all files needed for the phone with be automatically put back on my card. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Barlog
    If you don't mind losing your txts that may be on there and some app settings you can format the card in the phone and do a factory data reset as well. They won't hurt anything they will just take you back to factory setting. If you're rooted it will not unroot you. If you want to go back to stock we can help with that too.
    Thanks for the info how do you format the card? And I'm not rooted just stock.
    To format sdcard goto settings: sdcard and phone storage. Unmount sdcard, then format.

    Factory data reset, goto settings: privacy: factory data reset.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Another newbie here
    By Yen in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
  2. Newbie
    By johekimbus in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM
  3. Newbie
    By superbee1970440 in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM
  4. newbie
    By crewcheifgtaa in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
  5. Newbie
    By helendrake@sbcglobal.net in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Search tags for this page

error listing files astro file manager
,

is roms4droid safe

,
is roms4droid.com safe
,

roms4droid

,

roms4droid review

,

roms4droid reviews

,

roms4droid safe

,
roms4droid safe?
,
roms4droid.com review
,
roms4droid.com safe
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+