DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: OK, so I really think i meesed up

  1. Droid
    ForestGump's Avatar
    Member #
    55107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #1

    OK, so I really think i meesed up

    So I posted a couple days ago about my phone being suck in the "M" logo.

    I got it to run on UD v9.0 by, pretty much luck, I really don't understand how I got to do it. I think messed up by reading other people mistakes and doing them in order to try and to bring me to a place to start. But I think I really ****ed up...

    I went back to SPRecovery and tried to load my last save back-up and when I do it reads:

    ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.6
    Checking MD5 sums...
    Restoring boot image...
    Restoring system...
    Restoring data...
    Restoring cache...
    sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ex
    t.
    Restore complete!

    Then it just goes back to looping the "M" logo once again. Then I go to restore my last saved backup and it goes back to my UD v9.0 and all seems well. but I notice my keyboard lights aren't working and it takes a well skilled hand to get the phone to even charge, or I think it is. Every time it "charges" it does the whole battery little animation on top, but when I unplug it, it always reads 40%.

    I have tried COUNTLESS times to unroot it and bring it back to v2.0.1, the .sbf file, the virginoem-backup way, and I cannot get it to do anything(I really mean anything). I mean I don't think I am an idiot (besides this phone fiasco) but I really could use some really good playing around with. I have insurance on my phone so if anything happens to it, I will just report is lost and try again, lol.

    But I am really down to try anything!!! I am free, anytime since I am on springbreak and on vacation from work. IF you want my YIM to chat in real time, PM me and I will give it to you. Don't be creepy and I wont be as well

    Thanks.
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestGump View Post
    So I posted a couple days ago about my phone being suck in the "M" logo.

    I got it to run on UD v9.0 by, pretty much luck, I really don't understand how I got to do it. I think messed up by reading other people mistakes and doing them in order to try and to bring me to a place to start. But I think I really ****ed up...

    I went back to SPRecovery and tried to load my last save back-up and when I do it reads:

    ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.6
    Checking MD5 sums...
    Restoring boot image...
    Restoring system...
    Restoring data...
    Restoring cache...
    sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ex
    t.
    Restore complete!

    Then it just goes back to looping the "M" logo once again. Then I go to restore my last saved backup and it goes back to my UD v9.0 and all seems well. but I notice my keyboard lights aren't working and it takes a well skilled hand to get the phone to even charge, or I think it is. Every time it "charges" it does the whole battery little animation on top, but when I unplug it, it always reads 40%.

    I have tried COUNTLESS times to unroot it and bring it back to v2.0.1, the .sbf file, the virginoem-backup way, and I cannot get it to do anything(I really mean anything). I mean I don't think I am an idiot (besides this phone fiasco) but I really could use some really good playing around with. I have insurance on my phone so if anything happens to it, I will just report is lost and try again, lol.

    But I am really down to try anything!!! I am free, anytime since I am on springbreak and on vacation from work. IF you want my YIM to chat in real time, PM me and I will give it to you. Don't be creepy and I wont be as well

    Thanks.
    First off lets get an idea of where you are at right now. Are you running UD 9 right now?
    Are you on clockwork recovery or SPrecovery? they are different and not caompatible.
    Lastly what is your ultimate goal at the momment?
  4. Droid
    ForestGump's Avatar
    Member #
    55107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post

    First off lets get an idea of where you are at right now. Are you running UD 9 right now?
    Are you on clockwork recovery or SPrecovery? they are different and not caompatible.
    Lastly what is your ultimate goal at the momment?

    Sorry, I don't know the difference between clockwork recovery and SPrecovery. It's when I power on + "X" and I get to that recovery screen.

    I am running UD v9 by downloading it straight from the forum and loading it onto my sd card. Then I chose from the recovery screen

    "-install zip from sdcard" then
    "choose zip from sdcard" then
    "UltimateDroidV9-fullupdate.zip"

    And it put UD v9 on my droid... I tried to go back and do the same thing for the Kernnel I put on there, but no luck.

    I want to bring my phone back to ground 0 with v 2.0.1 and start over again. I rooted it from v2.0.1 just fine, it was when I went to change some features using RomManager it just looped the "M" logo and then I kinda freak and was pushing buttons and stuff.
    Last edited by ForestGump; 04-06-2010 at 01:38 PM.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #4
    Do an sbf restore and start over.
  6. RS Admin
    pc747's Avatar
    Member #
    18832
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16,618
    Liked
    1677 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    #5
    the difference is sprecovery is in all yellow words, and clockwork is in all green.
  7. Droid
    ForestGump's Avatar
    Member #
    55107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Do an sbf restore and start over.
    I have tired that, but I can't get the phone to be recognized by the program

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    the difference is sprecovery is in all yellow words, and clockwork is in all green.
    It's Clockwork. it's all green.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestGump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post
    Do an sbf restore and start over.
    I have tired that, but I can't get the phone to be recognized by the program

    Quote Originally Posted by pilotcharles747 View Post
    the difference is sprecovery is in all yellow words, and clockwork is in all green.
    It's Clockwork. it's all green.
    If it isn't finding the phone you haven't installed the correct drivers. Either that or you aren't running the program as an administrator.
  9. Droid
    ForestGump's Avatar
    Member #
    55107
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    46
    Phone
    HTC Thunderbolt
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post

    If it isn't finding the phone you haven't installed the correct drivers. Either that or you aren't running the program as an administrator.
    I can try again, but what way would you suggest?
  10. Droid Ninja
    Erron's Avatar
    Member #
    1660
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,076
    Phone
    droid
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestGump View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron View Post

    If it isn't finding the phone you haven't installed the correct drivers. Either that or you aren't running the program as an administrator.
    I can try again, but what way would you suggest?
    Restore 2.0.1 for rooting, or Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf

    Ive used this method about 5 times. Make sure once you install rsd lite you right click on the icon, go to compatibility and tell it run as administrator. I would also suggest plugging your phone in, going into device manager and deleting any driver it goes with your phone. Then reinstall the drivers to make sure everything is clean. Good luck!
  11. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #10
    Can you still get into recovery? if so sbf is over kill. I think its a kernel issue really.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

gapps.zip download
,
sd-ext.img
,

sd-ext.img not found

,
sd-ext.img not found skipping restore
,
sd-ext.img not found. skipping restore of /sd-ext.
,
sd-ext.img not found. skipping restore of /sd-ext/.
,
sd-ext.img not found. skipping restore of sd-ext
,
skipping restore /sd-ext
,
skipping restore of /sd-ext
,
system.img not found skipping restore
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+