DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Phone Stuck in Bootloop on "M" Logo

  1. Junior Droid
    pokrfac's Avatar
    Member #
    41999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    Phone Stuck in Bootloop on "M" Logo

    I need help. I was on UD 9.0 and went into clockwork to change my theme. My phone went into a bootloop with the "M" Logo. I am using Clockwork Recovery on my phone. I wiped data and partitions, but still nothing. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted the info on my MicroSD so I cannot get an update.zip file. I tried to download and load a ROM into my MicroSD, but I keep getting message that my MicroSD is "write protected". I am now stuck phoneless.

    Please help me with my droid.
    Rooted
    PS3 @ 1.2
    Jimmy's Remix v.06
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    I need help. I was on UD 9.0 and went into clockwork to change my theme. My phone went into a bootloop with the "M" Logo. I am using Clockwork Recovery on my phone. I wiped data and partitions, but still nothing. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted the info on my MicroSD so I cannot get an update.zip file. I tried to download and load a ROM into my MicroSD, but I keep getting message that my MicroSD is "write protected". I am now stuck phoneless.

    Please help me with my droid.
    Boot to recovery (hold x and power) then got to partitions then mount usb storage. That should allow you to place a new update.zip on the card.
  4. Junior Droid
    pokrfac's Avatar
    Member #
    41999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    I need help. I was on UD 9.0 and went into clockwork to change my theme. My phone went into a bootloop with the "M" Logo. I am using Clockwork Recovery on my phone. I wiped data and partitions, but still nothing. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted the info on my MicroSD so I cannot get an update.zip file. I tried to download and load a ROM into my MicroSD, but I keep getting message that my MicroSD is "write protected". I am now stuck phoneless.

    Please help me with my droid.
    Boot to recovery (hold x and power) then got to partitions then mount usb storage. That should allow you to place a new update.zip on the card.

    I just tried that and still nothing. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. The steps I just took were as follows:

    Boot to Recovery
    Partitions Menu
    Mount USB Storage (This then goes into a screen that was to unmount)

    I have done all of the following after the above steps:
    1. I have clicked unmount, then reboot (Gets stuck in boot loop w/"M" logo)
    2. I have went back and rebooted after "not" pressing unmount (same result)
    3. I have removed card with both above options and put in my computer to put in an update.zip, but the card still gets that it is write protected so I can't put anything in the card.

    Any other options or did I brick my phone?
    Rooted
    PS3 @ 1.2
    Jimmy's Remix v.06
  5. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    I need help. I was on UD 9.0 and went into clockwork to change my theme. My phone went into a bootloop with the "M" Logo. I am using Clockwork Recovery on my phone. I wiped data and partitions, but still nothing. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted the info on my MicroSD so I cannot get an update.zip file. I tried to download and load a ROM into my MicroSD, but I keep getting message that my MicroSD is "write protected". I am now stuck phoneless.

    Please help me with my droid.
    Boot to recovery (hold x and power) then got to partitions then mount usb storage. That should allow you to place a new update.zip on the card.

    I just tried that and still nothing. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. The steps I just took were as follows:

    Boot to Recovery
    Partitions Menu
    Mount USB Storage (This then goes into a screen that was to unmount)

    I have done all of the following after the above steps:
    1. I have clicked unmount, then reboot (Gets stuck in boot loop w/"M" logo)
    2. I have went back and rebooted after "not" pressing unmount (same result)
    3. I have removed card with both above options and put in my computer to put in an update.zip, but the card still gets that it is write protected so I can't put anything in the card.

    Any other options or did I brick my phone?
    Please not the "B" word!! Far from it. Hate to do this, but seems only option. Boot to recovery, partitions, format sdcard. Somethings wrong with your card. Formating it should fix it then should be able to get an update.zip on there.
  6. Junior Droid
    pokrfac's Avatar
    Member #
    41999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post

    Boot to recovery (hold x and power) then got to partitions then mount usb storage. That should allow you to place a new update.zip on the card.

    I just tried that and still nothing. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. The steps I just took were as follows:

    Boot to Recovery
    Partitions Menu
    Mount USB Storage (This then goes into a screen that was to unmount)

    I have done all of the following after the above steps:
    1. I have clicked unmount, then reboot (Gets stuck in boot loop w/"M" logo)
    2. I have went back and rebooted after "not" pressing unmount (same result)
    3. I have removed card with both above options and put in my computer to put in an update.zip, but the card still gets that it is write protected so I can't put anything in the card.

    Any other options or did I brick my phone?
    Please not the "B" word!! Far from it. Hate to do this, but seems only option. Boot to recovery, partitions, format sdcard. Somethings wrong with your card. Formating it should fix it then should be able to get an update.zip on there.
    I just formatted the card from the Recovery screen and it did say that my card has been formatted, but when I try to install the update.zip, I keep getting this message on my PC "The Disk is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk."

    I think I need to somehow get the write protection off the SD card, but I am clueless on how to do that.
    Rooted
    PS3 @ 1.2
    Jimmy's Remix v.06
  7. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #6
    Can you right-click the folder you want it in and change the permissions so it isn't read only? Should be a checkbox there.
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  8. Junior Droid
    pokrfac's Avatar
    Member #
    41999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by christim View Post
    Can you right-click the folder you want it in and change the permissions so it isn't read only? Should be a checkbox there.
    When I right click the drive, which on my PC is showing as "F" Drive, I get the following options:

    Expand, Add to archive, OpenAutoPlay, Expore, Open, Open Command Prompt Here, Share, Open as Portable Device, Sweep with Spysweeper, Add to "Archive.rar", Compress and email, Comcpress to "Archive.rar" and email, Format, Eject, Safely Remove, Cut Copy Paste, Rename, New, Properties.

    I have formatted on my Droid in the Recovery. When I try to format in my PC, it says that it will erase everything, then when I click OK, it says that the disk is write protected.

    I don't see anything anywhere where it says Read Only. The above are all the options.
    Rooted
    PS3 @ 1.2
    Jimmy's Remix v.06
  9. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post


    I just tried that and still nothing. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. The steps I just took were as follows:

    Boot to Recovery
    Partitions Menu
    Mount USB Storage (This then goes into a screen that was to unmount)

    I have done all of the following after the above steps:
    1. I have clicked unmount, then reboot (Gets stuck in boot loop w/"M" logo)
    2. I have went back and rebooted after "not" pressing unmount (same result)
    3. I have removed card with both above options and put in my computer to put in an update.zip, but the card still gets that it is write protected so I can't put anything in the card.

    Any other options or did I brick my phone?
    Please not the "B" word!! Far from it. Hate to do this, but seems only option. Boot to recovery, partitions, format sdcard. Somethings wrong with your card. Formating it should fix it then should be able to get an update.zip on there.
    I just formatted the card from the Recovery screen and it did say that my card has been formatted, but when I try to install the update.zip, I keep getting this message on my PC "The Disk is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk."

    I think I need to somehow get the write protection off the SD card, but I am clueless on how to do that.
    I'm not at my computer so can't try anything out. If you have access to another sdcard could try that for now.
  10. Junior Droid
    pokrfac's Avatar
    Member #
    41999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post

    Please not the "B" word!! Far from it. Hate to do this, but seems only option. Boot to recovery, partitions, format sdcard. Somethings wrong with your card. Formating it should fix it then should be able to get an update.zip on there.
    I just formatted the card from the Recovery screen and it did say that my card has been formatted, but when I try to install the update.zip, I keep getting this message on my PC "The Disk is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk."

    I think I need to somehow get the write protection off the SD card, but I am clueless on how to do that.
    I'm not at my computer so can't try anything out. If you have access to another sdcard could try that for now.
    I've actually tried 3 different cards with the same result. The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of write protection on the SD Card adapter, but there is no switch.
    Rooted
    PS3 @ 1.2
    Jimmy's Remix v.06
  11. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pokrfac View Post

    I just formatted the card from the Recovery screen and it did say that my card has been formatted, but when I try to install the update.zip, I keep getting this message on my PC "The Disk is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk."

    I think I need to somehow get the write protection off the SD card, but I am clueless on how to do that.
    I'm not at my computer so can't try anything out. If you have access to another sdcard could try that for now.
    I've actually tried 3 different cards with the same result. The only thing I can think of is that there is some sort of write protection on the SD Card adapter, but there is no switch.
    Have you tried a different one and did the mount usb storage and plugged your phone in your pc?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Changing contacts from "phone" to "Google"?
    By Bob Dammit in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 11:09 AM
  2. Email vibrate notifications stuck in "checked" mode
    By asebree in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 09:34 AM
  3. Dialing phone number in "from" or "subject" line of email
    By alazzaro in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
  4. Dialing phone number in "from" or "subject" line of an emai
    By alazzaro in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
  5. Droid is stuck on boot loader screen saying "battery low can not program"
    By Xerozix in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-29-2009, 04:35 PM

Search tags for this page

atrix reboot loop

,

cliq 2 stuck at boot

,
cliq 2 stuck on bootloader
,
cliq 2 stuck on m logo
,
clockwork unmount now phone stuck in recovery
,

fix atrix m logo stuck

,
how to fix a motorola cliq 2 screen stuck on m sign
,
how to fix motorola cliq boot loop
,
how to fix motorola qliq stuck on m logo
,

incredible 2 is stuck on the logo

,

motorola atrix 2 stuck in bootloop

,
motorola cliq 2 stuck logo
,
motorola cliq 2 stuck on boot
,
motorola cliq stuck boot loop
,

remove write protection from droid 1 bootloader 2c.7c

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+