DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hheeeellllpppp

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic

Hheeeellllpppp

Okay so Im running DroidMod 1.0 with the metamorph high res blue theme and stanrc's blackmod and i was trying to use metamorph to install the black ice theme. well i installed it and metamorph reboot my phone and then i got stuck at the droid mod boot loop. I accessed SPrecovery and did a simple nandroid restore but unfortunately it took my back to where i was two months ago!!!!! I lost root and everything!!! is there any way to get back to where i was about a half hour ago?

3. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Twitter
    @titans_df
    Phone
    Incredible
    Premium Member
    If you did not make a nandroid backup of your phone after you rooted, then no.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Well off to root my phone and set everything back up again then lol looks like im gonna be tired at work tomorrow but its gonna bug me if i dont get it back the way it was.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti87 View Post
    Okay so Im running DroidMod 1.0 with the metamorph high res blue theme and stanrc's blackmod and i was trying to use metamorph to install the black ice theme. well i installed it and metamorph reboot my phone and then i got stuck at the droid mod boot loop. I accessed SPrecovery and did a simple nandroid restore but unfortunately it took my back to where i was two months ago!!!!! I lost root and everything!!! is there any way to get back to where i was about a half hour ago?
    You may be able to try and just install the system partition of the droid mod ROM, in SPRecovery. See if that fixes your problem.

Side note, it is always advisable to make backups before you do anything major to your phone. Backups every so often isn't a terrible idea either. I backup every couple days, even if I haven't done anything to my phone.

No clue how you lost root.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    thanks guys, im rooted again now. now i just gotta go through the process of downloading ALL my apps and themes and everything again. geeze im definately making a backup when im done.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    well i guess the black ice theme doesnt play nice with DroidMod cuz i just tried to install it once again with metamorph and i got stuck at the boot loop.........again
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Do you have a link to the theme?
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    How do you do a nandroid backup? I installed DroidMod 1.0 and have been running it ever since, but never backed anything up, although I think it did that automatically with nandroid when I first installed. I see nandroid listed in my Astro files. When I click on it, there is a preinstall-BDS folder, with 4 files in it, boot, data, nandroid, and system.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Reboot into recovery (hold X while powering on). Then advanced nandroid backup. Select all options. You can choose a name for it, although that isn't important. Then perform backup.
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Last edited by Infiniti87; 04-02-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: i cant spell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links