DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Missing Market app and others

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid 2.0.1

Unhappy Missing Market app and others

Hello,

Sorry if this is posted to the wrong group or thread please forgive me in advance.

I had recently used a update.zip file to add the live wallpaper support to my droid. That seemed to work great and I have a few new features. Here is the problem. All my purchased apps and the market itself are missing. Can I get these back? I sure hope so. I have downloaded the sdk on a machine and have sucessfully installed apps to the emu device. ( I wanted it installed on the Droid) I have tried adding a rom package for ere25 but still not having any luck after flashing. It looks like most of the google apps are just gone.

I am less worried about my purchased more concerned about the lack of the market and a way to install new apps on the phone. If someone can give me some syntax for installing the apk files via the terminal that might work? I am a NOOB and really need some help.

If someone could point me to a ere25 google apps package that would be great?
  2. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madbulltx View Post
    Hello,

Sorry if this is posted to the wrong group or thread please forgive me in advance.

I had recently used a update.zip file to add the live wallpaper support to my droid. That seemed to work great and I have a few new features. Here is the problem. All my purchased apps and the market itself are missing. Can I get these back? I sure hope so. I have downloaded the sdk on a machine and have sucessfully installed apps to the emu device. ( I wanted it installed on the Droid) I have tried adding a rom package for ere25 but still not having any luck after flashing. It looks like most of the google apps are just gone.

I am less worried about my purchased more concerned about the lack of the market and a way to install new apps on the phone. If someone can give me some syntax for installing the apk files via the terminal that might work? I am a NOOB and really need some help.

If someone could point me to a ere25 google apps package that would be great?
    Go into settings: applications: manage apps hit menu and filter all. Check and see if market and market updater are in there.

Links