DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I really need help! PLEASE!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

I really need help! PLEASE!

I have been trying to take my driod back to the stock rom after trying out blackdroid ultimate droid 5.0. I was following the steps on the droid life forume, watching the video and following along. I went through the steps of flashing back to the stock rom using droidmod 1.0 i followed the instructions, turned my phone off, tried to power holding the xkey and the power button. I get the motorols symbol for a few seconds and then all i get is a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it with a little phone icon under it. I can do anything with my phone. please help. i am new to this and dont know where to begin. my phone is only a week old!
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Press the center button on your D pad. (If I remember correctly) If not press UP
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    it doesnt do anything!
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    if i power on without doing anything i get the motorola symbol, then the droid animation, and then just a blank screen
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naes007 View Post
    I have been trying to take my driod back to the stock rom after trying out blackdroid ultimate droid 5.0. I was following the steps on the droid life forume, watching the video and following along. I went through the steps of flashing back to the stock rom using droidmod 1.0 i followed the instructions, turned my phone off, tried to power holding the xkey and the power button. I get the motorols symbol for a few seconds and then all i get is a triangle with a yellow exclamation point in it with a little phone icon under it. I can do anything with my phone. please help. i am new to this and dont know where to begin. my phone is only a week old!
    You're back to stock now. That is the stock recovery. To get into it you need to press and hold the camera button and up volume. That will get you into stock recovery. What are you trying to do at this point?
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    The sbf is a last resort. If you can get into recovery we should be able to get you running
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    i am new to this and dont know where to begin.
    I'll take the above statement to be a question. The answer to that is to read.

Those who jump in without reading, and understanding, stand a much higher chance of getting stuck and ending up in panic mode. We're here to help regardless but no panic is much better than panic

Step 5 in Mathw3w's guide, link 1 in my signature below on how to root, should look familiar. Any guide to getting rooted should have this step if you are doing it manually. He made that guide precisely so folks would know what to do when they are new. Known of us are born knowing this stuff.

5. Hold down 'x' and then begin to hold down the power button at the same time. When the screen lights up, you can let go of the buttons. You will now be booted to a screen with an exclamation point in the middle.. Sort of like this /!\. This is the STOCK recovery menu.

As jstafford1 has requested, not knowing where you are going makes it hard to determine how to help you to get where you want to be.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    ok, that helped, i am now at a screen that says
    reboot system now
    apply sdcard:update.zip
    wipedata/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

do i wipe data/factory reset? dont want to make assumptions at this point!

By the way thank you all for helping. I owe everyone a beer!
    Last edited by christim; 03-26-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: fixed typo
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    also, at the bottom in yellow i have

E:cant open /cache/recovery/command
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links