DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly - HELP!!! URGENT!!!

  1. Master Droid
    bd1212's Avatar
    Member #
    17936
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    429
    Phone
    Droid
    #1

    com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly - HELP!!! URGENT!!!

    Well, this issue started to turn up earlier today at around noon. I'm running Pete's Bugless Beast ESE53 v.9 and applied this theme onto my phone. In addition to applying this theme, I also applied this file since in the other theme thread, it said to apply this dialer on Pete's BB v.9, so I did. I applied both the phone.apk theme and the contacts.apk theme and now, whenever I receive a phone call and I try to see who's calling I get a message saying "com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly."

    Basically, I can't see who is calling me and I can't call them back because com.android.phone keeps crashing.

    HELP ME PLEASE, THIS IS AN URGENT ISSUE.
  2. Administrator
    cereal killer's Avatar
    Member #
    88
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    11,046
    Liked
    1562 times
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Premium Member
    #2
    I'm going to put the Rescue squad to work for you. These guys are very good.

    Good luck Checkpoint.
  3. Master Droid
    Droidfish's Avatar
    Member #
    33991
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Deep South of NM
    Posts
    862
    Phone
    Iphone4 ; HTC Incredible
    #3
    Nandroid restore
  4. Master Droid
    bd1212's Avatar
    Member #
    17936
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    429
    Phone
    Droid
    #4
    Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).
  5. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).
    You could try doing the update.zip of BBv9. Will save your stuff and should overide the theme.
  6. Master Droid
    bd1212's Avatar
    Member #
    17936
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    429
    Phone
    Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).
    You could try doing the update.zip of BBv9. Will save your stuff and should overide the theme.
    Hmm... I feel very dumb now lol. I didn't even think of this. Droidforums ftw.
  7. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Crap. I was hoping I could try something else other than a nandroid restore (I hate doing those because then I forget which apps I need to re-download... even, though I make backups every 6 hours).
    You could try doing the update.zip of BBv9. Will save your stuff and should overide the theme.
    Hmm... I feel very dumb now lol. I didn't even think of this. Droidforums ftw.
    Sometimes a simple solution isn't obvious. Let us know if it works
  8. Master Droid
    RoLa's Avatar
    Member #
    33130
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    801
    Posts
    876
    Phone
    Nokia flip phone
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkpoint View Post
    Well, this issue started to turn up earlier today at around noon. I'm running Pete's Bugless Beast ESE53 v.9 and applied this theme onto my phone. In addition to applying this theme, I also applied this file since in the other theme thread, it said to apply this dialer on Pete's BB v.9, so I did. I applied both the phone.apk theme and the contacts.apk theme and now, whenever I receive a phone call and I try to see who's calling I get a message saying "com.android.phone has closed unexpectedly."

    Basically, I can't see who is calling me and I can't call them back because com.android.phone keeps crashing.

    HELP ME PLEASE, THIS IS AN URGENT ISSUE.
    I would suggest next time, you plug into your computer immediately, and type " adb logcat " This will tell him everything of why it crashed.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
  2. Well I just got my new phone, but...urgent
    By Grey Hawk in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
  3. android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly
    By ma-diva in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
  4. Phone unexpectedly deletes all contacts
    By mrchips05 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 09:33 AM
  5. The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly...
    By mchoffa in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 07:34 AM

Search tags for this page

android ended unexpectedly
,
application closed unexpectedly android
,

application dialer has stopped unexpectedly

,
htc one v dialer has stopped unexpectedly
,
the application closed unexpectedly android
,
the application dialer (process com.android.phone)
,

the application dialer has stopped unexpectedly

,
the application dialer process com.android.phone has stopped
,
the application has closed unexpectedly
,
the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+