DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Screen Brightness issue

  1. Droid
    Hawks's Avatar
    Member #
    11193
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motoralla Droid
    #1

    Screen Brightness issue

    So I just overclocked my droid using Taz's Kernel. I applied the wifi fix and everything is working great except that now my screen never dims. It stays at full brightness all of the time. I tried searching for a solution but didnt see anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?


    Thanks in advance
  2. Senior Droid
    bamaboy165's Avatar
    Member #
    31928
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    130
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #2
    Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?
  3. Droid
    Hawks's Avatar
    Member #
    11193
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motoralla Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy165 View Post
    Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?

    I have the toggle settings ap and it shows that my screen is set at the lowest brightness level but just to check I tries using the slider to make the screen brighter and that didint work. I also went into the settings on my phone and tried to adjut the brightness and that didnt work either. I did try adding the power bar widget and nothing!


    Thanks for the help though
  4. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
    So I just overclocked my droid using Taz's Kernel. I applied the wifi fix and everything is working great except that now my screen never dims. It stays at full brightness all of the time. I tried searching for a solution but didnt see anything. Does anyone have any idea on how I can fix this?


    Thanks in advance
    Most times this works. Go into settings: sounds and display: and toggle the auto brightness on and off. If that doesn't work it could be the kernel, I'm not familiar with Taz's kernels.
  5. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy165 View Post
    Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?

    I have the toggle settings ap and it shows that my screen is set at the lowest brightness level but just to check I tries using the slider to make the screen brighter and that didint work. I also went into the settings on my phone and tried to adjut the brightness and that didnt work either. I did try adding the power bar widget and nothing!


    Thanks for the help though
    What ROM are you running BTW? or are you just overclocked?
  6. Droid
    Hawks's Avatar
    Member #
    11193
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motoralla Droid
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jstafford1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bamaboy165 View Post
    Have you tried adding the power bar widget to your home screen and see what that does?

    I have the toggle settings ap and it shows that my screen is set at the lowest brightness level but just to check I tries using the slider to make the screen brighter and that didint work. I also went into the settings on my phone and tried to adjut the brightness and that didnt work either. I did try adding the power bar widget and nothing!


    Thanks for the help though
    What ROM are you running BTW? or are you just overclocked?
    I 'm on one of the old 2.1 Roms. I'd be lying to say I remember which one. anyway I can see which version it is on my phone?
  7. RS Admin
    jstafford1's Avatar
    Member #
    4777
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hebron, Oh.
    Posts
    9,060
    Liked
    412 times
    Twitter
    jstaff79
    Phone
    D-R-O-I-D 3
    Premium Member
    #7
    If you're on an old version of 2.1, I'm assuming ported from the N1 I would flash a new ROM. Either Bugless Beast or Simply Stunning, as both of these are based off the 2.1 made for the Droid. That will fix your autobrightness for sure.
  8. RS Admin
    christim's Avatar
    Member #
    30681
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,115
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawks View Post
    I 'm on one of the old 2.1 Roms. I'd be lying to say I remember which one. anyway I can see which version it is on my phone?
    menukey
    settings
    about phone
    scroll down to look at firmware version, kernel version, build number
    Chris

    If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.


    Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  9. Droid
    Hawks's Avatar
    Member #
    11193
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    30
    Phone
    Motoralla Droid
    #9

    thanks all

    Said the hell with it and went with Ultimate Droid.. It kicks A$$.


    Thanks for everyone's help!!!

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. touch screen keyboard possible issue
    By RW-1 in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM
  2. Rooted Droid - Screen Brightness Issue
    By linuxgeek3447 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. Screen brightness?
    By wil318466 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 01:36 AM
  4. screen dims? battery issue?
    By learningtousedroid in forum New Member Introductions & Site Assistance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
  5. USB/computer screen issue??
    By VDroid in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 09:04 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 2 screen brightness
,
how can i make my thinderbolt screen brighter
,

how to fix the brightness on your droid

,
how to make your phone screen brighter
,

htc thunderbolt screen brightness

,
make my phone screen brighter
,
make thunderbolt display brighter
,
thunderbolt brightness issue
,

thunderbolt screen brightness

,
verizon thunderbolt screen brightness. how to fix
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+