First of all, thanks to everyone who contributes and shares knowledge on these forums; they are an invaluable resource. I am a first time poster and very inexperienced android user who tried unsuccessfully to flash CM10.1 on my XT907. I spent several days reading forum posts and watching you tube videos on the process, but still managed to eff it up somehow. Now, whenever I try to boot my phone, I get a black screen with the following text on it:
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
10.9B(*) (sha-le9f557, 2013-03-22 09:18:22)
eMMC Info: Size 8GB
Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0
Failed to hab check for boot: 0x56
Fastboot Reason: Boot Failure
I've tried booting to recovery and doing a factory reset, but I still get the same black screen and text after reboot. If anyone can offer any guidance, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
I apologize for the long post, but I want to communicate in detail the steps I went through.
1. rooted with motochopper and installed safe strap without any issues.
2. downloaded Cyanogen Mod 10.1 (the exact zip file I used is : cm-10.1-20130518-UNOFFICIAL-xt907 from xda dev website [URL="http://forum.xda- developers.com/showthread.php?t=2040905"] and gapps package (file: gapps-jb-20130301-signed) to external SD
3. In general, I followed the directions from this page: http://bestandroidstuffs.com/install...id-razr-m.html
4. Booted to recovery with safestrap> made TWRP back up of stock ROM > wiped cache, davlik cache, system and did factory reset
5. Went to install zip from SD card > selected CM zip file > selected 2nd zip file, gapps > installed > rebooted > boots to the black screen with text on it (above)
So far I've tried re-installing the CM10.1 zip file from the external SD in recovery and doing a factory reset (twice). I've even gone so far as to call verizon and geek squad. No matter what I do, the phone always boots to that black screen with the same text on it.