DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: HELP: Fastboot Flash Failure ... AP Fastboot mode every time on startup!

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR

HELP: Fastboot Flash Failure ... AP Fastboot mode every time on startup!

I'm a bionic owner ... was running stock, unrooted 5.5.893, then used P3Droid's root method and rooted and didn't really do much with it... installed the 43V3R root hack from p3 and dhacker, etc. and just sorta left it there as well...

NOW I need to return my phone to Verizon because of the incessant data drops. I'm stock, rooted running 5.5.893 via the official Verizon OTA. The problem is this... instead of being content just re-flashing a non-rooted system like I should have, I jumped right to RSDLite and tried to flash the file here (which I now realize might be only for 5.5.886): Droid Bionic Receives Fastboot Recovery Files - BriefMobile

And I got a Flash Failure ("FAIL") ... so NOW every time I start my phone up, it boots directly into AP Fastboot Mode and reads:

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Flash Failure)
    0A.61

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

How do I resolve this? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I need to send this phone back TOMORROW!!

I can boot normally by holding down pwr + up vol + down vol and selecting "Normal powerup" and I can manually enter AP Fastboot Flash Mode and it doesn't read "flash failure" but it does every single time I boot up now... I obviously can't send it back to Verizon like that...

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR

Wow.

OK... I'm OK now... (deep breaths...calming down now...)

I used 43V3R Root / R3L3AS3D root tool for mac (i have a mac and windows) and selected option 4. Even though I was thinking that the issue was with my boot.img itself and that I needed to reflash a completely FRESH boot img, I believe it must've just been related to a singular failed flash that was retained in the boot "memory". So it seems that all I needed to do to fix this error message on my fastboot screen was to successfully flash a new system.img ... sooooo now my phone boots NORMALLY.

I have NO idea why the error makes it seem like a MUCH more dire boot.img issue (for which I would've been royally screwed if that were the case...) when really all you gotta do is reflash a new system.img... all that stress for nothing...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.1
    Hi i have the same problem but i cant seem to regain root ive tried all the apps in the forums ive done favtory reset and still get the same error can you help lease thanks
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by justadrvr View Post
    Hi i have the same problem but i cant seem to regain root ive tried all the apps in the forums ive done favtory reset and still get the same error can you help lease thanks
    You have to flash something successfully, but it doesn't really matter what. Use the 43v3r root tool on rootzwiki for Bionic. Power off your phone and boot into AP Fastboot mode manually. Choose option #4. This will flash a new system (version 5.5.886).

From there you can accept the OTA and update kernel and radio. Then use p3droid's tool on MyDroidWorld to re-root. I'm on my phone now... I'll get you some links when I get back to my computer.

[ sent from _base2 ]
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.1
    ive got the ota update of 5.5.893 and now i cant regain root
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    ive got the ota update of 5.5.893 and now i cant regain root
    http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/d...tml#post106072

Its post #2. You need a mdw acct. P3droid's one-click tool at the end of the 2nd post will root 5.5.893. Then run 43v3r root to install the forever root hack to mount_ext3.sh

Ill get a link for 43v3r root now... on my phone still lol

[ sent from _base2 ]
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    43v3r root tool from dhacker, droidth3ory, p3droid and a few other awesome peeps.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/5484-r3l3...he-bionic-v21/

Use the option to install the forever root hack on an already rooted bionic AFTER you use p3droid's root tool in my previous post otherwise you will get a fail for trying to write to mount_ext3.sh without root.

Let us know how it all goes. Happy rooting with your new kernel and radio!

[ sent from _base2 ]
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.1
    I need adb i think but dont know how to get it back on my bionic
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR
    I need adb i think but dont know how to get it back on my bionic
    adb should be prepacked in the p3 method.... did you properly unpack / extract the files? Any specific error messages?

If, however, you're talking about USB debugging, then that's under settings > applications > development

The more info you can give us, the more we can help to diagnose your issue

[ sent from _base2 ]
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by _base2 View Post
    You have to flash something successfully, but it doesn't really matter what. Use the 43v3r root tool on rootzwiki for Bionic. Power off your phone and boot into AP Fastboot mode manually. Choose option #4. This will flash a new system (version 5.5.886).

From there you can accept the OTA and update kernel and radio. Then use p3droid's tool on MyDroidWorld to re-root. I'm on my phone now... I'll get you some links when I get back to my computer.

[ sent from _base2 ]
    I am having the same problem as you were. I read through your suggestions but I am still unclear. Basically I am trying to return to stock just as you would be getting it from Verizon (I am selling my phone, no need for root access) When I used the RSD Lite method I failed at the same step you did and now I have the failure flash boot message when I power on my phone. If I reboot into recovery and boot normally I can by pass this message, but I want to be able to turn the phone on normally and boot up.

Now to my questions -
    When you said flash something successfully, what do u mean? what is there to flash? Also when I get to AP Fastboot mode manually and choose option #4 do you mean 'BP SBF Flash' is that option 4? or something else.

Side note-
    Do I need root access to use the RSD lite method?

Basically were you successful in using the RSD lite method to return to stock?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance.
    Droid Does - Endless Possibilities
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links