So I just upgraded from my original D1 to a D2G that my friend let me borrow today. I've looked ALL OVER THE PLACE for info on how to fix this, but nowhere I can find seems to help me. I'll name the steps I Went through to get where I'm at now: 1) I installed the z4root application and obtained superuser permissions
2) I installed the Droid 2 bootstrap from koush's website
3) I installed ROM Manager and flashed clockworkmod recovery.
4) Forgetting it was a Global, I put the liberty ROM .zip on my sd card and booted into recovery to attempt to flash it.
5) Clockworkmod read "operation aborted". Naturally, I had already wiped my data and cache at this point. I knew that it would be useless to try to boot up normally again. 7) I installed the Droid 2 Global sbf file from this site: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite and I installed the Motorola Drivers using a motorola program called "Motorola Driver Installer" ---I personally feel that my problem is with drivers. I'm on a 64 bit computer, but whenever RSD lite is nearly finished with the last step of flashing the sbf, a little popup appears at the bottom of my screen saying "installing device driver software"
8) IN RSD lite, I click run, and it nearly completes. It gets through "Creating image file", but reads an error message once it gets near the end of the last step. And I have used RSD lite with my original Droid before.
9)It now says "SW update In progress..." on my phone screen. It's said this the past 3 times I tried to do this, where in RSD lite it says "Interface AP-OS: Flashing Code Group 39"
10) It failed again. And like always, it reads "Code corrupt" right above "battery OK" If the code is corrupt, am I bricked??? I cannot get out of the bootloader, there's no way to go into recovery or just turn the phone off.
I am such an IDIOT because even after a year of rooting, I forgot to make a nandroid backup before trying to install the Liberty ROM. Yes, I am a fool. Not that it matters, because I still can't in to recovery.
I know you guys are fantastic at what you do, so toss this guy a lifeline please.
I really need it.
Also, this is the information that appears in RSD lite about the D2G: EMEI/ESN: N / A Technology: N / A Software Version: N / A Flex Version: N / A Boot Version: N / A shouldn't it say something at least? granted, this is in the middle of flashing. DRM Version: N / A