DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    OK they're sending another phone. One thing is that if I was to go in the market it shows that I paid for rom manager, titanium and setcpu. Is there a way to erase that?
    Not that I know of - it's attached to your Google Checkout account, and I don't think there's any way of getting rid of that info. If you use a different Google account to link to your phone, that will obviously disappear. But it shouldn't cause any problems regardless.

Also, how the heck do I get my sd card out? I can't open this damn thing. I tried pushing it and thinking it would pop out, but no. How the heck do I get it?
    Once you pop the battery out, you'll see the SD Card. If you're holding the phone upright, the SD Card should have a little "lip" at the bottom of it, you just use that to slide it down (toward the empty battery compartment) and it should slide out.

Lastly, how long should it take to download my apps from the market? I have about 50 of them and they say, "starting download" for all of them, but really only 2 are downloading. it's been like this for about half an hour. Only launcher pro and maps have downloaded.

edit: thanks a lot. It took about 4 minutes to do everything!
    Totally depends on your connection. It basically has to download/install each app. I don't know the process, but I know it does a lot at the same time. Typically, when I start over, I don't even go into the market. I activate the phone (if need be), sign into my google account, get it to the home page and just put it down until I get the "** applications restored" showing up in the notification area. The market doesn't seem to like you doing anything with it before it's done restoring, for whatever reason (like you said with the "hanging" installs, though they'll likely work themselves out eventually).
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1

signature verification failed.

I am having the same verification problems as the gentleman earlier. It will not take the update on my phone. Everything is spelled correctly. Could I have flashed a bad 2.1 update 1 to my phone earlier. I used the one from the unlckr thread I found. I took my phone to the verizon store and have a new one on the way. Are they going to check it once it gets back to motorola or am I good to go. Thanks for the help.

Update: The first thing I see on stock recovery is E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

when i try to update I get

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    Last edited by jakebowenecu; 10-06-2010 at 09:09 PM.
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebowenecu View Post
    I am having the same verification problems as the gentleman earlier. It will not take the update on my phone. Everything is spelled correctly. Could I have flashed a bad 2.1 update 1 to my phone earlier. I used the one from the unlckr thread I found. I took my phone to the verizon store and have a new one on the way. Are they going to check it once it gets back to motorola or am I good to go. Thanks for the help.

Update: The first thing I see on stock recovery is E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

when i try to update I get

E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    I'm assuming you're referring to "fullthrottle" - and I wish we had heard back from him whether or not he was able to get it resolved. I'm not sure what his issue was, and based on what you're telling me about yours, I honestly am not sure on yours either. Have you tried flashing a different recovery like SPRecovery or Clockwork to see if they'll take the file? What thread are you referring to with regard to where you got the 2.1-update1?

Sorry that's not more help yet... If you've already taken the phone back, and a new one is already on the way, you're *probably* fine anyway.

Guidelines of Conduct
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    Only thing I can think of is a corrupted download.

good luck
  5. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Only thing I can think of is a corrupted download.

good luck
    I was hoping you'd see this and chime in what you thought!

Guidelines of Conduct
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    OK they're sending another phone. One thing is that if I was to go in the market it shows that I paid for rom manager, titanium and setcpu. Is there a way to erase that?
    Not that I know of - it's attached to your Google Checkout account, and I don't think there's any way of getting rid of that info. If you use a different Google account to link to your phone, that will obviously disappear. But it shouldn't cause any problems regardless.

Also, how the heck do I get my sd card out? I can't open this damn thing. I tried pushing it and thinking it would pop out, but no. How the heck do I get it?
    Once you pop the battery out, you'll see the SD Card. If you're holding the phone upright, the SD Card should have a little "lip" at the bottom of it, you just use that to slide it down (toward the empty battery compartment) and it should slide out.

Lastly, how long should it take to download my apps from the market? I have about 50 of them and they say, "starting download" for all of them, but really only 2 are downloading. it's been like this for about half an hour. Only launcher pro and maps have downloaded.

edit: thanks a lot. It took about 4 minutes to do everything!
    Totally depends on your connection. It basically has to download/install each app. I don't know the process, but I know it does a lot at the same time. Typically, when I start over, I don't even go into the market. I activate the phone (if need be), sign into my google account, get it to the home page and just put it down until I get the "** applications restored" showing up in the notification area. The market doesn't seem to like you doing anything with it before it's done restoring, for whatever reason (like you said with the "hanging" installs, though they'll likely work themselves out eventually).
    Actually I can just factory reset the phone before sending it back
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread I just glanced over it so I could have missed this, this wont put a stock recovery back on my Droid right? and since it wont should I worry about stock recovery and if so can you point me to the right thread? I'm trying to get a replacement Droid, my phone has sensors that are all screwed up and not working properly I keep getting muted while in call and its rebooting randomly.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by nagmier View Post
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread I just glanced over it so I could have missed this, this wont put a stock recovery back on my Droid right? and since it wont should I worry about stock recovery and if so can you point me to the right thread? I'm trying to get a replacement Droid, my phone has sensors that are all screwed up and not working properly I keep getting muted while in call and its rebooting randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by OP

If you are already familiar with flashing ROMs using SPRecovery and/or Clockwork Recovery, you likely don't need to read this. Just know that the FRG22D Master OTA file (link below) can be treated like a ROM. It will also replace your current recovery with stock recovery, update to the latest baseband, and update to the latest bootloader. You may or may not have to wipe before doing it, but I recommend wiping since this could be a pretty hefty "change" from your current situation. Also, obviously, if you're doing this so you can return your phone, you most definitely should wipe.

HB
    Bionic (rooted)

Th3ory rom

"It ain't the lying that screws people up, it's the findin out" Joy Hickey
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Silly question I suppose, but I figured I'd ask it anyway.

If I used Motocache1's method to rooting as in this thread:
    Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

Will your method still replace SPR with stock recovery? I know Motocache1's method disables froyo's ability to overwrite custom recovery systems. I'm just wondering if the update.zip file will still bring me back to stock or not.

I ask this due to my issue with my mini usb port (it's starting to break) and I may not be able to flash sbfs soon :/
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for making this. Downloading to SD card just in case I ever need to return my Droid again.

Sent from my Droid
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links