DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 251
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unroot/Back to Stock (2.2) Without .sbf or RSD Lite - Droid 1 Only

  1. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    OK they're sending another phone. One thing is that if I was to go in the market it shows that I paid for rom manager, titanium and setcpu. Is there a way to erase that?
    Not that I know of - it's attached to your Google Checkout account, and I don't think there's any way of getting rid of that info. If you use a different Google account to link to your phone, that will obviously disappear. But it shouldn't cause any problems regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Also, how the heck do I get my sd card out? I can't open this damn thing. I tried pushing it and thinking it would pop out, but no. How the heck do I get it?
    Once you pop the battery out, you'll see the SD Card. If you're holding the phone upright, the SD Card should have a little "lip" at the bottom of it, you just use that to slide it down (toward the empty battery compartment) and it should slide out.

    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Lastly, how long should it take to download my apps from the market? I have about 50 of them and they say, "starting download" for all of them, but really only 2 are downloading. it's been like this for about half an hour. Only launcher pro and maps have downloaded.

    edit: thanks a lot. It took about 4 minutes to do everything!
    Totally depends on your connection. It basically has to download/install each app. I don't know the process, but I know it does a lot at the same time. Typically, when I start over, I don't even go into the market. I activate the phone (if need be), sign into my google account, get it to the home page and just put it down until I get the "** applications restored" showing up in the notification area. The market doesn't seem to like you doing anything with it before it's done restoring, for whatever reason (like you said with the "hanging" installs, though they'll likely work themselves out eventually).
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  2. Droid Newbie
    jakebowenecu's Avatar
    Member #
    124715
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #42

    signature verification failed.

    I am having the same verification problems as the gentleman earlier. It will not take the update on my phone. Everything is spelled correctly. Could I have flashed a bad 2.1 update 1 to my phone earlier. I used the one from the unlckr thread I found. I took my phone to the verizon store and have a new one on the way. Are they going to check it once it gets back to motorola or am I good to go. Thanks for the help.

    Update: The first thing I see on stock recovery is E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

    when i try to update I get

    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    Last edited by jakebowenecu; 10-06-2010 at 09:09 PM.
  3. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebowenecu View Post
    I am having the same verification problems as the gentleman earlier. It will not take the update on my phone. Everything is spelled correctly. Could I have flashed a bad 2.1 update 1 to my phone earlier. I used the one from the unlckr thread I found. I took my phone to the verizon store and have a new one on the way. Are they going to check it once it gets back to motorola or am I good to go. Thanks for the help.

    Update: The first thing I see on stock recovery is E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

    when i try to update I get

    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted
    I'm assuming you're referring to "fullthrottle" - and I wish we had heard back from him whether or not he was able to get it resolved. I'm not sure what his issue was, and based on what you're telling me about yours, I honestly am not sure on yours either. Have you tried flashing a different recovery like SPRecovery or Clockwork to see if they'll take the file? What thread are you referring to with regard to where you got the 2.1-update1?

    Sorry that's not more help yet... If you've already taken the phone back, and a new one is already on the way, you're *probably* fine anyway.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Droid Ninja
    teddyearp's Avatar
    Member #
    27105
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Randle, WA
    Posts
    1,801
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    SamsungŪ SCH-I515
    #44
    Only thing I can think of is a corrupted download.

    good luck
  5. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
    Only thing I can think of is a corrupted download.

    good luck
    I was hoping you'd see this and chime in what you thought!
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Master Droid
    otter34's Avatar
    Member #
    76269
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    660
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    OK they're sending another phone. One thing is that if I was to go in the market it shows that I paid for rom manager, titanium and setcpu. Is there a way to erase that?
    Not that I know of - it's attached to your Google Checkout account, and I don't think there's any way of getting rid of that info. If you use a different Google account to link to your phone, that will obviously disappear. But it shouldn't cause any problems regardless.

    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Also, how the heck do I get my sd card out? I can't open this damn thing. I tried pushing it and thinking it would pop out, but no. How the heck do I get it?
    Once you pop the battery out, you'll see the SD Card. If you're holding the phone upright, the SD Card should have a little "lip" at the bottom of it, you just use that to slide it down (toward the empty battery compartment) and it should slide out.

    Quote Originally Posted by otter34 View Post
    Lastly, how long should it take to download my apps from the market? I have about 50 of them and they say, "starting download" for all of them, but really only 2 are downloading. it's been like this for about half an hour. Only launcher pro and maps have downloaded.

    edit: thanks a lot. It took about 4 minutes to do everything!
    Totally depends on your connection. It basically has to download/install each app. I don't know the process, but I know it does a lot at the same time. Typically, when I start over, I don't even go into the market. I activate the phone (if need be), sign into my google account, get it to the home page and just put it down until I get the "** applications restored" showing up in the notification area. The market doesn't seem to like you doing anything with it before it's done restoring, for whatever reason (like you said with the "hanging" installs, though they'll likely work themselves out eventually).
    Actually I can just factory reset the phone before sending it back
  7. Senior Droid
    nagmier's Avatar
    Member #
    56968
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    177
    Phone
    Droid Incredible
    #47
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread I just glanced over it so I could have missed this, this wont put a stock recovery back on my Droid right? and since it wont should I worry about stock recovery and if so can you point me to the right thread? I'm trying to get a replacement Droid, my phone has sensors that are all screwed up and not working properly I keep getting muted while in call and its rebooting randomly.
  8. Senior Droid
    Harrybub's Avatar
    Member #
    12431
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    102
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nagmier View Post
    I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread I just glanced over it so I could have missed this, this wont put a stock recovery back on my Droid right? and since it wont should I worry about stock recovery and if so can you point me to the right thread? I'm trying to get a replacement Droid, my phone has sensors that are all screwed up and not working properly I keep getting muted while in call and its rebooting randomly.

    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    ************************************************** *****

    If you are already familiar with flashing ROMs using SPRecovery and/or Clockwork Recovery, you likely don't need to read this. Just know that the FRG22D Master OTA file (link below) can be treated like a ROM. It will also replace your current recovery with stock recovery, update to the latest baseband, and update to the latest bootloader. You may or may not have to wipe before doing it, but I recommend wiping since this could be a pretty hefty "change" from your current situation. Also, obviously, if you're doing this so you can return your phone, you most definitely should wipe.

    ************************************************** *****



    HB
    Bionic (rooted)

    Th3ory rom





    .




    "It ain't the lying that screws people up, it's the findin out" Joy Hickey
  9. Master Droid
    Taco's Avatar
    Member #
    81745
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    355
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #49
    Silly question I suppose, but I figured I'd ask it anyway.

    If I used Motocache1's method to rooting as in this thread:
    Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version

    Will your method still replace SPR with stock recovery? I know Motocache1's method disables froyo's ability to overwrite custom recovery systems. I'm just wondering if the update.zip file will still bring me back to stock or not.

    I ask this due to my issue with my mini usb port (it's starting to break) and I may not be able to flash sbfs soon :/
  10. Master Droid
    jlaidlaw's Avatar
    Member #
    77109
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    301
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #50
    Thanks for making this. Downloading to SD card just in case I ever need to return my Droid again.

    Sent from my Droid
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. trying to unroot & go back to stock...
    By monkeyboy383 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
  2. UNROOT back to stock NOT working!
    By budf0x in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
  3. Need to Unroot back to stock?
    By slowlypokin in forum Bugless
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 12:22 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 11:53 PM
  5. Internal Memory after Unroot back to Stock
    By Bull4595 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 1 2.2 sbf
,
droid stock 2.2 update.zip
,

frg22d.sbf

,
how to combine two .zip files with rsd lite
,
manually sbf droid pro w/o computer
,

motorola droid 1 stock sbf

,
rsd lite droid 1
,
rsd motorola frg22d.sbf download
,
unroot 2.2 droid
,

unroot back to stock 2.2

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+