Good find Tallica:
How To: Manually Activate A Verizon Wireless Android Phone
For some odd reason, I can rarely activate my phone using the simple way of dialing *228 and selecting option 2. It always fails and provides me a number to call. After speaking with a Verizon Wireless representative about 4 times a week, I finally decided to ask if there was a way I could manually activate my phone. The wonderful people at Verizon were glad to provide me the information requested to make their job a little easier. Here are some instructions to do so (I am not responsible for any mishap that may occur by following them):
0. If you are activating a newly purchased phone, view the "Note" below.
1. Dial and call: ##7764726
2. Enter SPC password: 000000
3. Select "User Activation"
4. Change "MIN" to your match your previously activated phone's "MIN"
- To Find "MIN"
- Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status > MIN
5. Change "MDN" to your mobile phone number
6. Press "Done"
7. Press home key (to return to homescreen)
8. Device will automatically restart
- "CDMA Sys ID" is area specific and should not need to be changed unless you recently purchased the phone.
- If you did recently purchase your phone, follow the same steps as above and use your activated phone's "CDMA Sys ID" number in this field.
- After manually activating a device, it is a good idea to update its "Roaming Capabilities" by dialling: *22899
- As always if you have any questions, call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204
If you have recently flashed a new ROM or baseband and wish to bypass the pesky activation screen simply tap the top left corner, top right corner, bottom right corner, and bottom left corner of the screen consecutively and it will bring you to the home screen.