[How To] Change the lock-screen clock font
Alright, for this guide, you're going to need Root Explorer or any other file manager that can get root access.
- Download any font to your desktop. Make sure it is a TrueType font (most are!) but double check anyway. Check out dafont.com for some great free fonts.
- Rename this font to Clockopia. Make sure the "C" is capitalized! Leave this file on your computer.
- Now, on your phone, open up Root Explorer and navigate to system/fonts/. Long click on Clockopia.ttf and copy it. Paste it on your SD Card somewhere and rename it to something like Clockopia-Original. This way you always have a backup.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer your newly created Clockopia file to the SD card on your phone.
- Disconnect your phone.
- Long-click and copy Clockopia. Don't paste it anywhere yet.
- Navigate back to system/fonts/ and press the "Mount R/W" button.
- Long click on Clockopia.ttf and press "Delete"
- Paste the new Clockopia in its place.
- On the new Clockopia.ttf, long click and press "permissions". Check all the boxes under "Read" and the user box under "Write". There should only be 4 boxes checked after you complete this step.
- Reboot and you're done!
I know it looks like a lot of steps, but it's actually extremely simple when you do it first hand. Happy modding :)