DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: SBF to root and to unroot

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by segdoh49 View Post
    Read the whole thing 5 times (little slow sometimes).
    SO.... what I got out of it was, that even being @2.2 rooted (easy root) if I do this proceedure as explained I will still be @ 2.2 rooted with busybox and SPRecovery as the bootloader. and the MotoCache1_complete_Root_v1.1 file will not change anything on my phone. SO should I wish to unroot (probably unable to use the unroot of 'easyroot' ) I will have to go back to 2.01 again and start from scratch. Right???
    Oh and thanks for the quick reply furbear
    If you wish to unroot the best method is to install the FRG01B update, preferably the larger file. You will have a stock, unrooted, stock recovery, FRG01B phone. At that point you will need to uninstall Superuser Permissions and any other root-only app you have manually, but you will have a stock phone. The phone will then update normally via the OTA push to whatever version you currently don't have. If you wish to wipe your phone clean, which if it's going in for service you probably want to do, you will need to flash the 2.0.1 or 2.1 or 2.2 SBF file via RSD Lite to completely blank and stock your phone.
  2. Banned
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X 2.1
    can you root the x with the ota 2.2 leaked...I wasn't rooted before...Just curious...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Ok I pulled it of....Now I would like to update to FRG22D. I see there is a file floating around called petes P3 although i couldn't download it from the link given. Is there another option at this time or should I just wait for further development. What the consensis .....
    And when you get a OTA nag for this update, and I understand it is coming. What is the best way to get rid of the nag ?

And by the way thanks to all thoes who had input..It went really smoothe (except for catching the bootloader, 3rd times a charm) Every thing was as it was before the proceedure...didn' loose a thing except for a few brain cells.........
    Last edited by segdoh49; 08-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Ok I pulled it of....Now I would like to update to FRG22D. I see there is a file floating around called petes P3 although i couldn't download it from the link given. Is there another option at this time or should I just wait for further development. What the consensis .....
    And when you get a OTA nag for this update, and I understand it is coming. What is the best way to get rid of the nag ?

And by the way thanks to all thoes who had input..It went really smoothe (except for catching the bootloader, 3rd times a charm) Every thing was as it was before the proceedure...didn' loose a thing except for a few brain cells.........
    This thread might help you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...s-version.html
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid A855
    if you're on a stock rooted rom now, you will still probably get the nag. afaik, the only way to "disable" that would be to install a custom rooted rom, but i haven't seen an frg22d that's naked, except for disabling the nag. you could try a custom rom that disables the nag and more though! if you're leaning towards trying out a custom rom, i'm really impressed with liquid frozen yogurt 1.5 - but you will have to install rom manager from market, then let it flash clockworkmod recovery, or else use sprecovery plus another program adp or something to manually format partitions... anyway, lfy1.5 is basically stock look and feel with a lot of optimizations.

gl
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid1-SourceryROM/RZRecocery
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

This thread might help you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/res...s-version.html
    OK guess I'll stick around then....Again thanks !
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Happy to help and happy to be appreciated.
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Thanks Cristim!

Back to 2.01 using Box Option 5. I did have to install the Moto drivers for my phone before it was recognized in RSDLite (if I overlooked that instruction, my apologies). Other than that, smooth as butter.
    Thanks to all that make this Android community so great!
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0chilly View Post
    if you're on a stock rooted rom now, you will still probably get the nag. afaik, the only way to "disable" that would be to install a custom rooted rom, but i haven't seen an frg22d that's naked, except for disabling the nag. you could try a custom rom that disables the nag and more though! if you're leaning towards trying out a custom rom, i'm really impressed with liquid frozen yogurt 1.5 - but you will have to install rom manager from market, then let it flash clockworkmod recovery, or else use sprecovery plus another program adp or something to manually format partitions... anyway, lfy1.5 is basically stock look and feel with a lot of optimizations.

gl
    If you have SPRecovery installed you should back up your phone. Then accept the OTA and it will fail and stop nagging you.

DreamOperator - glad it all worked out!
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid

help

okay i followed your unroot step by step process im sure it unrooted my phone i mean i did this because i am returning it so i needed it unrooted big problem tho now i get force closes because acore keeps trying to boot up what do i do is there a simple way to fix this and rsd lite doesnt read my phone and recovery mode is all the way back to stock so no recovery mode what do i do?????
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Links