DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: SBF to root and to unroot

1. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Twitter
    Tallica21
    Phone
    GSIII-Rooted
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post.

thanks for nothing droidforums.
    That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.
    I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

Doesn't matter anymore, I brought it to verizon, they popped in another battery and my root is gone finally. Doesn't even matter anyway, because I'm now running the Incredible which doesn't even need to be rooted because it's already ..."Incredible".
    You my friend, need help. You were "told" to got to the OP of this thread and you'll have all the info? Do you just blindly do what people tell you to do? Maybe you should have done a smidge of homework or ask someone in the RS if there is anything you should do before trying to mod a expensive piece of electroincs.

Don't blame DF this is the best Android forum on the internet.

---end of rant
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: cleaned
  2. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first ****in post.

I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

Doesn't matter anymore, I brought it to verizon, they popped in another battery and my root is gone finally. Doesn't even matter anyway, because I'm now running the Incredible which doesn't even need to be rooted because it's already ..."Incredible".
    I usually try to stay out of these things, but Duke, honestly, now that you've got an incredible phone that you can use "as is", if I were you, I'd go to the DroidForums.net customer service desk, demand a refund of all of the money you've paid for the crappy support you got here, and cancel your account. That'll show 'em.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: cleaned
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post.

I usually try to stay out of these things, but Duke, honestly, now that you've got an incredible phone that you can use "as is", if I were you, I'd go to the DroidForums.net customer service desk, demand a refund of all of the money you've paid for the crappy support you got here, and cancel your account. That'll show 'em.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, MotoCache. Thanks.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:13 PM. Reason: cleaned
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid & HTC Incredible

. I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it? And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I. I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: cleaned
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post

That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.

You my friend, need help. You were "told" to got to the OP of this thread and you'll have all the info? Do you just blindly do what people tell you to do? Maybe you should have done a smidge of homework or ask someone in the RS if there is anything you should do before trying to mod a expensive piece of electroincs.

Don't blame DF this is the best Android forum on the internet.

---end of rant
    Looks like you're all coming out of the woodwork now. I'm not blaming anything. I'm putting in criticism where it desperately is needed.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: cleaned
  6. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it?
    I'm certain that I have no business deciding whether or not you sound stupid.

And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I . I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.
    I can't speak for others, but I'm just wishing you well. A quick search of your posts indicates that you are going to be much happier now that you're moving on.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to set off another poster - my intention was the opposite. I apologize.

I, also, especially appreciate the work MC1 did in tracking down and solving an issue that he didn't have. MC1 did that for me, and others like me. Further, he described what he was doing and what he had found, so that we could all contribute and learn.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it?
    I'm certain that I have no business deciding whether or not you sound stupid.

And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I. I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.
    I can't speak for others, but I'm just wishing you well. A quick search of your posts indicates that you are going to be much happier now that you're moving on.
    What does my post history have to do with being happy? Are you so inclined to get the last word in that you feel the need to insult me? Just drop it.
  9. Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Premium Member
    Folks, my sense is this issue has gone as far as necessary. No additional comments are warranted!

Mike
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    I tried out the new sprecovery .sbf file last night, and it would appear that USB Storage does not work on it. I was on a Windows 7 32 bit laptop that I use for everything, same usb port I always use, worked fine when I flashed the old ese81_sprecovery.sbf. Has anybody else had this issue?
    All is well. Not sure what happened on the first go around, but evidently it was an isolated incident. I downloaded and flashed it again, tested on all three of my Windows 7 machines, and it worked just fine.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Links