DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Thread: SBF to root and to unroot

1. Super Moderator
    Member #
    So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wind blows out of the west.
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthuruscg View Post
    I tried using the update.zip method to return to being uprooted. and now the home key does not work.

also the swipe to active the screen is gone (i am fine with that) and the options when the power key is pressed are gone.

My phone downloaded and i updated to 2.2, build FRG01B, baseband C_01.43.01P, Kernel V 2.6.32.9-g103d848 android_build@apa26 #1

What can i do to return my phone to an OEM verions of 2.2 or any earlier versions to allow for the 2.2 My phone is now unrooted. I would like to keep my text messages and apps.

Thanks
    You'll need to use a program called RSD Lite and a stock 2.0.1 or 2.1 or 2.2 SBF file to reset your phone.

Welcome to the forum, and we're sorry it's under such sad circumstances that you post to us.

This post will have all the information you need. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hac...ot-unroot.html
  2. Chief Droid Scientist
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    A855 / MB810
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoCache1 View Post
    Thanks to Palantirion, skylordusa1, greeknasty, and 0chilly for testing out my new update.zip and procedures. Everyone was successful. I just need to make some tweaks to the documentation based upon feedback and I should be able to post all this tomorrow. It will be in its own topic and I'll put a post here linking to it.
    Well, it is still technically "tomorrow", so even though I got it finished and posted later than planned, I consider it "on time". Unless you've ever written one of these monoliths you can't possibly imagine how long it takes. It takes 5 times longer to make the process user friendly and document it than it does to simply solve the technological issue to the point where my problem is fixed.
    Droid 1 - the "unbrickable" droid.
    FRG22D - stock, rooted, ChevyNo1 LV 1.1GHz kernel, SetCPU 2.0.2, Superuser 2.3.6.1

Droid X, Droid 2, Droid 2 Global (Band Unlocked), Droid Pro Global (Band Unlocked)

Recommended reading for newbies: How to ask questions the smart way
  3. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Thanks to Palantirion, skylordusa1, greeknasty, and 0chilly for testing out my new update.zip and procedures. Everyone was successful. I just need to make some tweaks to the documentation based upon feedback and I should be able to post all this tomorrow. It will be in its own topic and I'll put a post here linking to it.
    Well, it is still technically "tomorrow", so even though I got it finished and posted later than planned, I consider it "on time". Unless you've ever written one of these monoliths you can't possibly imagine how long it takes. It takes 5 times longer to make the process user friendly and document it than it does to simply solve the technological issue to the point where my problem is fixed.
    I feel your pain. And then there's the constant tinkering to make sure it's current, etc.

THANK YOU!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Angry Can't get to boot menu...

After a long period of running BB, I thought it would be time to go for a new look. Liquid Forozen Yogurt was calling my name, so I thought a quick change of update.zip, and I would be good to go.

The first issue that I had was that rebooting with X pressed no longer worked. It would continue you to recycle until I released the X key, and then it would boot normally. Not a problem, I would use RSD and reload SPReovery and go that route. RSD would fail when I tried to load the 2.1 firmware in place.

So still running BB 0.4, still being harangued by the update to 2.2 from Verizon, and can't figure out how to get back SPRecovery to load my latest, greatest ROM... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid & HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by zakany View Post
    "Failed flashing process. 0x7100; phone connected"
    Relax. Just unplug your phone from your computer. Turn it off. Turn it on. Let it just boot normally and be patient while it does so.

Oh, and never try to root or install kernals and ROMs without a charged battery.

I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post.

thanks for nothing droidforums.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: cleaned
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid running UD 9.8.0
    First, I want to say thank you very much for your set of instructions here. I followed step 4 and did not seem to have any problems. Phone restarted and is currently in

Firmware version: 2.0.1
    Basebrand version: C_01.3E.01P
    Kernal Version: 2.6.29-omap1-gOdd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
    Build Number: ESD56

My problem is that when i woke up this morning my phone said that there was an update, I clicked the install button and it restarted. It looked like it was installing when it stopped and went to the Yield sign with the exclamation. It sat there for about 10 mins when i decided to restart the phone. It loaded back into 2.0.1 like normal and when i tell it to check for updates it tells me that i am up to date.

I also can not get it to connect to any wireless networks what-so-ever.
    Please help,
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Twitter
    @FurryVarmint
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    "Failed flashing process. 0x7100; phone connected"
    Relax. Just unplug your phone from your computer. Turn it off. Turn it on. Let it just boot normally and be patient while it does so.

Oh, and never try to root or install kernals and ROMs without a charged battery.

I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post.

That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.

Quote Originally Posted by brosenberger View Post
    First, I want to say thank you very much for your set of instructions here. I followed step 4 and did not seem to have any problems. Phone restarted and is currently in

Firmware version: 2.0.1
    Basebrand version: C_01.3E.01P
    Kernal Version: 2.6.29-omap1-gOdd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
    Build Number: ESD56

My problem is that when i woke up this morning my phone said that there was an update, I clicked the install button and it restarted. It looked like it was installing when it stopped and went to the Yield sign with the exclamation. It sat there for about 10 mins when i decided to restart the phone. It loaded back into 2.0.1 like normal and when i tell it to check for updates it tells me that i am up to date.

I also can not get it to connect to any wireless networks what-so-ever.
    Please help,
    When the update hit your phone your rebooted and needed you to get into recovery so it could install the update. This happens sometimes on OTA updates. When you rebooted it deleted the update file, so if you want 2.2 now you'll need to either wait for it to get pushed to you again or manually install an update. If you choose to manually install an update, the instructions are available in many locations, but for the file I'd suggest the larger one from the circus thread in the news section. Good luck and if you need more help, let us know.
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: cleaned
  8. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Moto-Droid - rooted
    Premium Member
    I've updated the first post of this thread again. Links no longer worked and how to get to those files has been explained in each Option Step. A note at the top lets folks know potential issues the post was written pre 2.2 and also provides a link to the thread MotoCache1 started.
    Chris

If you apply a rom or theme - backup first!
    If you don't know how to backup...Stop until you do.
    hint: I name my backups like this: sg6.0_20100428 or ss4.2_20100626 to easily find them later. rom and date.

Have a Problem, Click here to Visit the Rescue Squad
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Quote Originally Posted by kcallis View Post
    After a long period of running BB, I thought it would be time to go for a new look. Liquid Forozen Yogurt was calling my name, so I thought a quick change of update.zip, and I would be good to go.

The first issue that I had was that rebooting with X pressed no longer worked. It would continue you to recycle until I released the X key, and then it would boot normally. Not a problem, I would use RSD and reload SPReovery and go that route. RSD would fail when I tried to load the 2.1 firmware in place.

So still running BB 0.4, still being harangued by the update to 2.2 from Verizon, and can't figure out how to get back SPRecovery to load my latest, greatest ROM... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
    Not sure about the cause of your problem, but maybe you could also try flashing Clockwork.
    Rom Manager from the market will automatically download and attempt to flash Clockwork. If it happens to work correctly the app will also allow you to revert back to SPRecovery just as easily.

But I'm not an expert, so if anybody knows the real solution or thinks this may cause a problem please comment.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid & HTC Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post

That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.
    I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

Doesn't matter anymore, I brought it to verizon, they popped in another battery and my root is gone finally. Doesn't even matter anyway, because I'm now running the Incredible which doesn't even need to be rooted because it's already ..."Incredible".
    Last edited by pc747; 08-25-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: cleaned
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast

Links