Is the screen on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 cracked or broken? This in depth guide will aid in the tear down of the device and help with repairs.
Whether your device needs a new LCD screen or touch screen, or a replacement of an important internal component, the guide will take you through all the imperative steps needed to take apart this device.
The repair guide will help install the following Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 parts:
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
- Heat Gun or Blow Dryer
All of these parts and tools for the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer can be found at our online store at www.RepairsUniverse.com
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime TF201 Take Apart Guide:
- Before starting the repair, it is absolutely vital the device is totally powered off.
- (Figure 1.1) Take a safe open pry tool and begin at the top of the device and remove the back cover. Use the pry tool to wedge between the back cover and the device and release the clips at the top and run the tool along the edges and sides.
- While removing the back cover be careful not to tug on or rip the flex cables (2) that hold in place the cover to the device.
- (Figure 1.2 and 1.3) Prior to completely removing the screen, release the two flex cables. Using your pry tool release the cables by lifting the tabs located at the top of each flex cable. To get the most desirable position for releasing the tabs you may want to approach the device from different angles.
- (Figure 1.4) After releasing the flex cables, remove the Small Phillips screws (2) from the screen assembly, which is highlighted in red.
- (Figure 2.1) Next using a heat gun (on low) or a hair dryer (on medium) heat up the sides and edges of the screen assembly for about 40 to 55 seconds. This will loosen up the adhesive which holds the screen to the device, and make it easier to separate.
- (Figure 2.2) Once the edges and sides are warmed up, wedge between the touch screen and LCD screen using the pry tool. At this point may discover some of the adhesive can be stubborn to remove. If this is the case apply more heat to the edges and sides again. Make sure not to heat for more than 30 seconds to avoid overheating. Detach the two screens by running the pry tool around the edges.
- Next you will completely isolate the touch screen by removing it from the housing. In order to do so heat the edges and sides of the touch screen with a low amount of heat to avoid overheating the housing which has some thin areas.
- (Figure 3.2) Be careful and wedge the pry tool between the screen and the frame and work the tool underneath the adhesive. Find a good entry point to pry in between then run your pry tool along the sides.
- Lots of adhesive is used to hold the touch screen to the frame, it will be very helpful to use lots of adhesive once you begin attaching a new touch screen.
- Lastly install the new parts while discarding the damaged ones and reverse the order of these steps to reassemble your device.
RepairsUniverse's Repair Guides are for informational and instructional purposes only. Perform this repair at your own risk.