DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why cant we get 4.4?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    droid 4
    Kit Kat's pretty bad a**! Just saying.. I'm running the slim kat rom which is 99% bug free. I've never used 4.3 but its leaps and bounds smoother and faster than 4.1.2
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    BUMP. Still no 4.4 or ANY news about it. Nice.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Considering the phone that replaced ours just got it, I am assuming it won't be long now...
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by PereDroid View Post
    My GPS always works pretty well, Google or Waze.
    "pretty well" means it does not work all the time and, yes, this is what we are complaining about.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja714 View Post
    "pretty well" means it does not work all the time and, yes, this is what we are complaining about.
    Exactly. GPS is a very important feature that must be very reliable... It could make or break getting that new job. Also.. From experience... It could mean life or death by getting into a car accident due to its "pretty well" performance. No offense Pere.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Still no 4.4..... seriously? There is absolutely NO conformity with the Android OS. None. This is a fail for the OS. I wont even call it "open sourced" anymore due to all the limitations it has now. "Sorta Open Sourced" is more like it. LOL, I was reading an article the other day on Yahoo how to "make your Android run faster" and one was constantly wiping the cache and get this, another one was to remove "unwanted" widgets... widgets... you know the thing that makes the GUI on an Android so much more "attractive" then the iOS?

iOS8 will have widgets, and guess what, I better dollars to doughnuts it wont effect ANY performance what so ever, they could have done this LAST year and they still would not create a problem.

Anyway, the 4.4 thing to me is a clear representation of how sloppy the OS's ecosystem is. Apple comes out with an update, EVERYONE GETS IT ON ANY NETWORK, ANY PHONE OR TABLET (within 3 years it seems so far, if my iPad2 can handle iOS8 it will further confirm my theory).

4.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    If widgets update they will have an effect on performance in iOS8. Not all devices running iOS7 perform equally well. The Android OS is open sourced but unlike Apple, it's not a single vendor with 7devices to support. I doubt my iPad2 will run iOS8. If it does it won't be optimal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I have forgotten more about technology, than most people will ever know in their lifetime.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    The iPad2 will certainly not support 8. How on Earth do you know ios8 will support widgets? You an Apple insider Jimmy? I personally don't think Apple will ever support Android type widgets. Maybe a Weather icon that displays the temp right on it. Bet that's about the extent. I mean, my god, we are on revision 7 and you STILL can't arrange the icons any way you want? Really? This is the OS that you think blows Android away? Apple doesn't trust you enough to let you put a row of icons at the bottom of your screen? Or maybe a few on the sides?

And what does 4.4 have for you that is must have?? Just curious because a lot of folks DEMAND updates for the sake of getting an update... not because there is a must have feature. Example JB was must have for me because I wanted Google Now. But Kit Kat? Don't need it...
    Obviously I think I know. You hope it will run better. Root your GD phone already!! hahaha I know you shouldn't have to but MAN it's nice.

Not to EVEN mention Google has now sold our beloved (lol) Motorola to Lenovo so all update schedules COULD be off the table. I would hope not but it's all uncertain now.

And the way you put quotes on "attractive". You REALLY think ios is more attractive then Android? No way man.

These phones are not for everyone. You need to go iPhone next time. I like all tech. Some people are iphone types. Others are Android types. I don't think either system sucks. They both have serious advantages.
    The HTC one is fantastic. The LG G2 is awesome. The Moto X is a damn fine phone. Maybe it's finally taken this long for the stock devices to really hit their stride? To really catch up to the speeds the OS demands? If that's the case, I am more into Android then I've ever been.

GO GO ANDROID!
    Last edited by PereDroid; 02-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    crmcsh01 likes this.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by PereDroid View Post
    The iPad2 will certainly not support 8. How on Earth do you know ios8 will support widgets? You an Apple insider Jimmy? I personally don't think Apple will ever support Android type widgets. Maybe a Weather icon that displays the temp right on it. Bet that's about the extent. I mean, my god, we are on revision 7 and you STILL can't arrange the icons any way you want? Really? This is the OS that you think blows Android away? Apple doesn't trust you enough to let you put a row of icons at the bottom of your screen? Or maybe a few on the sides?

And what does 4.4 have for you that is must have?? Just curious because a lot of folks DEMAND updates for the sake of getting an update... not because there is a must have feature. Example JB was must have for me because I wanted Google Now. But Kit Kat? Don't need it...
    Obviously I think I know. You hope it will run better. Root your GD phone already!! hahaha I know you shouldn't have to but MAN it's nice.

Not to EVEN mention Google has now sold our beloved (lol) Motorola to Lenovo so all update schedules COULD be off the table. I would hope not but it's all uncertain now.

And the way you put quotes on "attractive". You REALLY think ios is more attractive then Android? No way man.

These phones are not for everyone. You need to go iPhone next time. I like all tech. Some people are iphone types. Others are Android types. I don't think either system sucks. They both have serious advantages.
    The HTC one is fantastic. The LG G2 is awesome. The Moto X is a damn fine phone. Maybe it's finally taken this long for the stock devices to really hit their stride? To really catch up to the speeds the OS demands? If that's the case, I am more into Android then I've ever been.

GO GO ANDROID!
    Kit kat is a must for us Droid maxx HD users because of performance. This phone is horrible on JB as compared to any other phone on JB.

Sent from Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    jimmythegent likes this.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Thank you, thats why I want Kit Kat, and Pere, didnt YOU post something saying how beneficial it was to our phones?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Links