Ok, most frequent members on here know about about my pessimism on this phone. I can deal with most of the wierd bugs, but most of all, cannot deal with the lag. Constantly I would only have about 10MBs free out the whopping 1GB we were given for RAM.
A lot of people suggested the phone was busted, or download this app, or this or that. Finally, I took the time to look it up, phones with unremovable bloatware and especially Droids have this problem. Now I continually have about a 1/3 of a GB free at all times!
Finally, after reading more about V.4 of Android and its lag issues, the only real deal down to brass tacks answer is to do the following (Wiping the cache partition):
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .
SO, to all those having lag issues, forget about downloading some 3rd party spy and ad ware riddled garbage app, and just do the above. TRUST me. It works.