DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: ARGHHH!!!! Cant delete songs from the phone, nor can I find them hooked up to PC

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD

ARGHHH!!!! Cant delete songs from the phone, nor can I find them hooked up to PC

How frustrating is this????

I have this dumb Eminem album I want OFF my phone, I took out the SD card, so I know its not on there, but... I cannot delete it. However, if this helps... I DID download it from the playstore.

ALSO, there are other songs on there, that are stored on the PHONE that I not only cannot delete, but cannot find.

Im getting more and more depressed with this phone... this is phone good feature I enjoy with my bluetooth stereo in my car, is the capability of listening to my music (sounds like a CD)

Please, can someone help? I know Ill be told to download some 3rd party app, but any suggestions on an EASY one?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    255 views on this question and no answers, please Google, update your stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola XT875
    Im not entirely sure on this, but I believe, if you buy a song, or download a song from Play, they "keep" a copy on their server and make it available to you from anywhere. I think what you are seeing is that file on the server, not your phone.

Maybe?

Hope that helps
  5. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    410 times
    Twitter
    GoCliffGo
    Phone
    DE Moto X, RAZR HD Dev, N7, X2
    Premium Member
    I was going to say what ^^ they said. If you are using google play then they are most likely not on your phone but on Google's server.

If you want to double check get a file explorer. A good free one is ES File Explorer, and search through your internal storage (since you removed the SD Card and you know its not on there.) If they are on your phone then they would most likely be in the download or music folder.

"She leans into me and I keep my arms around her. I don't fool myself that I hold her together -- She does that on her own -- But holding her keeps me from flying apart."
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    I hate to say it Jimmy... if you aren't going to heavily get into buying music from Google... I would try a different music app. I know this frustrates you that "there's an app for that" whenever something happens that you don't like but us longtime Android heads.... that's WHY we like Android.
    This app doesn't do what you want? Try another. Or another. Or another. Or another....

THis doesn't work like that on an iPhone.
  7. Droid X Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Phone
    X, neXus
    Premium Member
    It's downloaded to your phone.. But it's kinda hidden.. To download the actual file in a manner you can use it.. Is to download it from the music library in google play music to your computer... Otherwise it'll just be a part of the apps data.. To delete the files on your phone.. Go to settings/apps/Google play music and delete data.. It'll have up to about 2 gigs of cached data of music

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"
    We have nothing to fear but running out of beer
    Dont mind me... i'm just falling...
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    RAZR MEGA FAIL HD
    Quote Originally Posted by PereDroid View Post
    I hate to say it Jimmy... if you aren't going to heavily get into buying music from Google... I would try a different music app. I know this frustrates you that "there's an app for that" whenever something happens that you don't like but us longtime Android heads.... that's WHY we like Android.
    This app doesn't do what you want? Try another. Or another. Or another. Or another....

THis doesn't work like that on an iPhone.
    I don't mind getting other apps. Just I noticed a lot of these free apps come with annoying advertisement banners and who knows what else its doing.

Find me a solid music player that's free and had no ads and I'm down. An app that I have to pay for just to listen to my already loaded music = not cool

Links