DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Why don't my texts send or take forever to send????

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2G

Why don't my texts send or take forever to send????

I promise I have searched the internet trying to resolve this issue. Searched this forum without much luck--I may not be entering proper search words or something. Only answers I could find all said to do a factory reset.

I did a factory reset after updating to jellybean and having all these texting issues.

After my Droid Razr Maxx updated to jellybean my texts seem to take forever to send, and picture texts don't send much more often than they do send. Why is this happening and is there something else I can do to fix the issue? My husband is having same issue after his Droid Razr updated to jellybean. With ICS I never had any problems sending photos or texts.

I can understand that the pictures take time as they are probably a lot of data. But when I send a short text with just a few words and it takes minutes to send, that seems really crazy. I have some that continue to try to send for hours. I had one that was trying to send for over a day (text only, no photo). I've deleted these.

Please help! If it was just me, I'd think it was my phone, but it's my husband's phone also.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Since it's both I'd suggest call Verizon tech support and have them make sure nothing is wonky with your account. I've had the "system" drop my national access before and it caused my text messages to stop working correctly, if at all. It affected all 4 lines on my account.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    120 times
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    I have noticed when my phone is connected to Wifi it some times takes FAR too long to send a SMS/MMS. Off Wifi it's about instant.
    Curious if yours is the same?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2G
    Thanks for the suggestions. I turned wifi off and that does seem to help. It is really weird, though because sometimes it shows the texts sending but I get a reply from the person who received the text even though my phone still shows it sending. I've just started deleting them if they have taken over an hour. I'll resend text message if important.

One thing I do notice is that if I send another text to the same person, the previous text will get out of the forever "sending" cycle and show as sent only to be replaced by the new text showing endless "sending". Sometimes the second text will send and fix the first one. Very wonky.

Links