DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unable to remove AirDroid

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unable to remove AirDroid

I installed the app and tried it. I have no use for it, but attempts to remove it have been thwarted at every turn. The idea that the app has access to all of my data is not reassuring, now that I can't control it. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I have tried everything I can think of, short of wiping the phone. There is no uninstall button that works, it is grayed out. I have deleted the folder more than once and it will restart itself.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    338 times
    Phone
    Galaxy SIII (i747) & S4 i337
    Premium Member
    I assume you went to settings - apps - all and tried to uninstall it there as well as from the app drawer? Keep in mind that it needs to access all your data to work but if you don't use it it can't access anything. There is no privacy issue.
    Last edited by leeshor; 05-11-2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Currently using a Galaxy SGS3, SGS4 and LG Optimus G Pro also an ASUS TF700
    Printing and file transfer tips.
    WiFi issue tips.
    Adobe Flash Player .81 (Direct Download for 4.x)
    Guidelines of conduct for the forum
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the reassurance, and yes I have tried to remove it from the settings as well as trying to delete the folder and files, on the phone and via a usb cable . It just keeps coming back. I am ready to wipe the phone just to get rid of it. It is very annoying.
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet) ;-)
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Are you rooted? If yes get titanium backup and delete it that way. Good luck!
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just did a hard reset and that got rid of the rouge app. Not only got rid of AirDroid, but the phone seems faster and it was not that really that hard!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by nepkp View Post
    Thanks for the reassurance, and yes I have tried to remove it from the settings as well as trying to delete the folder and files, on the phone and via a usb cable . It just keeps coming back. I am ready to wipe the phone just to get rid of it. It is very annoying.
    As was mentioned if you are rooted, if you are use an app like Root Explorer, and go into "/"> "system"> "apps"> find the app and delete it, then use the same Root Explorer and delete all the remaining apps, most likely they are located on the internal storage. I would then suggest rebooting your device, to make sure all that spyware has been removed.

If you are not rooted and it sounds like that may be the case, try this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bnN0YWxsZXIiXQ.. it is an Uninstaller that seems to be non-root friendly, once you have installed the application, disable your wi-fi connection and disable your mobile connection, then try to find the program you are concerned about and delete it. (also go into your Google Play> go to MyApps> go to All and delete the app there. If you are having difficulties with removing the AirDroid folders that remain, try to rename them, once renamed delete them.

There are alot of different things that you can try, it's just a matter of finding out where this problem is coming from. Make sure that AirDroid is deleted also from your computer, I'm sure it is though.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Go into your settings, accessibility and see if it's enabled there. Anything enabled there can't be uninstalled until it's unchecked.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE A4.1.2
    Hi nepkp, I managed to remove Airdroid via this method:

Install:
    Clean Master
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ci5tZ3VhcmQiXQ..

Use it to uninstall Airdroid. It will than prompt you to disable the Device Admin Rights for airdroid. Once you disable, the uninstallation will continue.

Good luck!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks, but I wiped the phone and that got rid of AirDroid, and some other problems, too. I will be rooting the phone soon enough, I just can't stand to not be in full control of my own computer. I just need some time to study up on it.
    Thanks to all that replied.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Just so you know, Airdroid is not a rogue app. It's a very trusted app that has been around for a long time. The reason you could not uninstall it was simply a matter of Airdroid being a "Device Administrator" which is what allows Airdroid to do a lot of the cool things that it can do. One of the things that happens though when an app is setup as a device administrator, is that it cannot be uninstalled via the normal method. This is to prevent unauthorized processes from uninstalling the app. All you had to do was go into Settings>Security>Device administrators and remove the check box next to Airdroid. This would then allow you to uninstall like normal and you would not have had to do a hard reset.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links