DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Unable to remove AirDroid

1. Droid
    Member #
    Thanks. I may have a use for it in the future, and that is good to know. I had looked for a while and did not have time to research it. I still don't have the time I need to learn more about the droid world. I love it, though. I'm not getting an iPhone any time soon! Sorry about the misunderstanding.
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    I8190 Galaxy s3 mini

Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by erich93063 View Post
    Just so you know, Airdroid is not a rogue app. It's a very trusted app that has been around for a long time. The reason you could not uninstall it was simply a matter of Airdroid being a "Device Administrator" which is what allows Airdroid to do a lot of the cool things that it can do. One of the things that happens though when an app is setup as a device administrator, is that it cannot be uninstalled via the normal method. This is to prevent unauthorized processes from uninstalling the app. All you had to do was go into Settings>Security>Device administrators and remove the check box next to Airdroid. This would then allow you to uninstall like normal and you would not have had to do a hard reset.
    God bless you erich93063 !
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    I8910

That's it!

Thanks erich93063! The best explanation there is. It worked like a charm

Cheers
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola razr

Airdroid

Just so you know, Airdroid is not a rogue app. It's a very trusted app that has been around for a long time. The reason you could not uninstall it was simply a matter of Airdroid being a "Device Administrator" which is what allows Airdroid to do a lot of the cool things that it can do. One of the things that happens though when an app is setup as a device administrator, is that it cannot be uninstalled via the normal method. This is to prevent unauthorized processes from uninstalling the app. All you had to do was go into Settings>Security>Device administrators and remove the check box next to Airdroid. This would then allow you to uninstall like normal and you would not have had to do a hard reset.
    The REAL correct answer. Thank you.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Great help. A simple solution to uninstall this useless app. Couldn't get in at all some how.Thanks for the helpful tip
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links