DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I turn off 4G lte?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Can I turn off 4G lte?

I live in a remote area. Nearest 4G coverage is over an hour away from home.
    Considering DROID RAZR MAXX HD because of battery life... would like to extend this further by keeping it from searching for coverage it won't find.

Is there an easy way to turn 4G LTE on/off, so I can set this according to the coverage area I am in?

Thanks for any help!

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    I installed LTE OnOFF. Even though it says "HTC Thuncerbolt," it works on others too. It's workin' on my Razr Maxx HD. So far, so good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dirc.lteonfoff
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum

Tried both with no luck

I am having the smae issue. Tried both the ideas listed, so far, and no luck. I'm running a LG Spectrum with ANdroid image 4.0.4. I could use the *#*#*4636#*#* settings change,until this update. If you find an answer,please let me know.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
    I am having the smae issue. Tried both the ideas listed, so far, and no luck. I'm running a LG Spectrum with ANdroid image 4.0.4. I could use the *#*#*4636#*#* settings change,until this update. If you find an answer,please let me know.
    While thinking of buying the DROID RAZR MAXX HD, I have not yet done so. I have seen references elsewhere for the "LTE ON/OFF" Thunderbolt software and believe I would prefer a solution like this... so I could easily turn it back on when in a 4G coverage area. Still trying to verify if this works with new the RAZR MAXX under Jelly Bean OS before I buy the phone.

More later.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jduale51 View Post
    I installed LTE OnOFF. Even though it says "HTC Thuncerbolt," it works on others too. It's workin' on my Razr Maxx HD. So far, so good.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dirc.lteonfoff
    Have you verified operation after upgrade to Jelly Bean OS? (i.e. tested functionality under both "ON" and "OFF" conditions?)
    Really appreciate the help.
    Thanks!
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jason72687 View Post
    Have you verified operation after upgrade to Jelly Bean OS? (i.e. tested functionality under both "ON" and "OFF" conditions?)
    Really appreciate the help.
    Thanks!
    Yes, Razr Maxx HD works fine with LTEonoff app. Even on JB. I use it daily.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
    If that is the code that you used then there is one more (*) then is needed. The code is *#*#4636#*#* this works on Verizon phones, in fact it also works on Sprint phones as well. Once in the Test Menu, change the Phone Info> Set Preferred Network Type: from> LTE/CDMA?EvDO/GSM/WCDMA to the CDMA PRL AUTO setting. Then reboot. I have always found the best results with adding the Code *228 to refresh the signal and roaming capabilities.
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    Hey KaChow won't this fry the Simm on a 4G phone I mean fry it smoke may come out of the phone I know it's the way on a non 4G, but never on a 4G I was told???

quote you": I have always found the best results with adding the Code *228 to refresh the signal and roaming capabilities:"
    Do it all now you may not be able to do it later
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Phone
    SM-N900V
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Hey KaChow won't this fry the Simm on a 4G phone I mean fry it smoke may come out of the phone I know it's the way on a non 4G, but never on a 4G I was told???

quote you": I have always found the best results with adding the Code *228 to refresh the signal and roaming capabilities:"
    Can't say that I have heard that before, the *228 (send) is harmless. It is most helpful in areas that are rather in-between signals, as it mainly refreshes the roaming capabilities or prls. The SIM card gives an instant refresh, where as the non-SIM cards have options, like press 2 to update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can I turn off 4G lte?-screenshot_2013-02-24-21-56-42.png  
    If you like this signature click on it, copy the [IMG] middle "URL" link to your signature-> in your settings... Enjoy!

11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    LG Spectrum

Fat Fingered

Sorry, fat fingered it (*#*#) is correct. But this no longer works with the new 4.0.4 update, from last week.
    I'm going to attempt a call to Verizon Tech to see if they have a way around this, but doubtful.
    I'll post here after the call.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links