DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My Razr Maxx HD ruined my morning!! Unreal!!!

  1. Droid Newbie
    dreamsound1's Avatar
    Member #
    328913
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    #1

    My Razr Maxx HD ruined my morning!! Unreal!!!

    Have a RAZR Maxx HD which is only a few months old got it in November and is in mint shape. This morning the phone alarm did not go off come to find out when I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off. Before I went to sleep I set the alarm and plugged the phone in it was on charging at about 38%. The phone would not turn on!! I checked the power outlet it was plugged into overnight it was good. I was running way late for work I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going and couldn't call person to notify them of where I was!! I was completely crippled. I also have the car dock with the charger (Motorola) and it would not turn on sitting in the dock either. I held the power down for extended periods of time and nothing. I finally get to work and about half hour later it decides to turn on and the battery shows 100%! When it finally decided to turn on it showed the big battery sign in blue with a check mark on it and 100%. I've never seen it like that. It is usually a green bar and no check mark.

    All my chargers are genuine Motorola that are stated compatible with this exact phone. Also phone is in in mint condition never dropped or damaged. Any ideas as what happened? Has this ever happened to anyone? I have lost a lot of faith in Motorola now because I cannot trust this phone to be reliable now after what happened. I don't know what to do. I specifically bought a Motorola phone because of its solid reliability. I never had a problem like this before. Thoughts?
  2. Senior Droid
    PowrDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    160340
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    106
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx HD
    #2
    I have seen the big battery with the check mark in it showing 100% whenever I power the phone down and plug it in to charge. This must have been what happened to you. After you set the alarm you must have long-pressed the power button, turning the phone off. That's why the alarm didn't go off. You say, "I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off."

    When you got in your car the phone didn't come on when placed in the car dock because it was still powered off. Then you held the power button down for extended periods of time and (apparently) the last time you tried it, the phone powered on but you were unawares. Then when you get to work it "decides to turn on" when in reality it was on.

    Based on your information that's probably what happened.

    BTW,

    I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going
    Don't know the way to your job without your GPS? This statement makes me think you are a wee bit too dependent on your phone. Or you are ambivalent to your surroundings.
    I don't care what it is, when it has an LCD screen, it makes it better.
  3. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #3
    He could've had a meeting somewhere besides his office?

    Dream, if it happens again (which hopefully it doesn't), doing this should get you reset...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  4. Senior Droid
    doniago's Avatar
    Member #
    119668
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #4
    This is why I have alarms on several devices and a standalone GPS.
  5. Super Moderator
    jntdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    6110
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6,438
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    #5
    Well fortunately (most days) if I sleep through my alarm, I have three little miniature alarms that are like clockwork... every... single...morning...
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

    Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  6. Droid Newbie
    jber8103's Avatar
    Member #
    219258
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx Hd
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Well fortunately (most days) if I sleep through my alarm, I have three little miniature alarms that are like clockwork... every... single...morning...
    Exactly! I also agree with the not really aware of his surroundings! And I can vouch for Motorola being dependable! I've had count less Motorola devices over about 15 years now, and they have all been flawless! Well, except for when I modify them, of course! Ha!
  7. Droid Newbie
    dreamsound1's Avatar
    Member #
    328913
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    #7
    Wow you guys sound so young and ignorant. I had to drive an hour away from where I live for a job so yeah I needed a GPS fools. I am "aware of my surroundings"

    To the the poster who with the advice of rebooting the phone holding power and volume down trick- thanks you are the only one who said something useful!!
  8. Rescue Squad
    TisMyDroid's Avatar
    Member #
    171269
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,462
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    #8
    I also would be crippled without my phone because I go to several appointments where I need my GPS and have to touch base and be available to home office as well. I might use backup alarms but I don't have backup GPS or a backup phone (it is why I have a phone that does all that).

    In the past, the Razr Maxx has been known to mysteriously discharge and not charge. I haven't heard of the Razr HD's doing the same and I believe that problem had been fixed on the og Razr.

    Now onto some things to help stay on the safe side to make sure you're properly charged and running...

    Calibrate your battery meter every couple months to make sure the meter is reading the correct charge of your battery. Follow these steps to do this:

    1. With phone off, charge your battery to 100%.
    2. Once fully charged, turn phone on and use it without charging till it reaches the low battery warning (approximately 10%).
    3. Turn the phone off and charge to 100% again while phone is off.
    4. Use phone and charge phone as you normally would.

    Another thing to do at least once a week (I do once a day) is to turn phone off for a minute. It helps clear out things in memory and apps that might be unnecessarily running in the background.

    Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums
    Last edited by TisMyDroid; 02-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.
  9. Master Droid
    zomnomnombie's Avatar
    Member #
    182985
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    787
    Liked
    79 times
    Phone
    R2 unit
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsound1 View Post
    Have a RAZR Maxx HD which is only a few months old got it in November and is in mint shape. This morning the phone alarm did not go off come to find out when I woke up an hour & half later then I needed to, the phone was off. Before I went to sleep I set the alarm and plugged the phone in it was on charging at about 38%. The phone would not turn on!! I checked the power outlet it was plugged into overnight it was good. I was running way late for work I also use the phone as my GPS so I was screwed. Didn't know where I was going and couldn't call person to notify them of where I was!! I was completely crippled. I also have the car dock with the charger (Motorola) and it would not turn on sitting in the dock either. I held the power down for extended periods of time and nothing. I finally get to work and about half hour later it decides to turn on and the battery shows 100%! When it finally decided to turn on it showed the big battery sign in blue with a check mark on it and 100%. I've never seen it like that. It is usually a green bar and no check mark.

    All my chargers are genuine Motorola that are stated compatible with this exact phone. Also phone is in in mint condition never dropped or damaged. Any ideas as what happened? Has this ever happened to anyone? I have lost a lot of faith in Motorola now because I cannot trust this phone to be reliable now after what happened. I don't know what to do. I specifically bought a Motorola phone because of its solid reliability. I never had a problem like this before. Thoughts?
    Green to blue battery indicator makes me think

    - Your phone updated from GB to ICS.

    - Perhaps there was an error in updating that caused your phone to freeze up.

    - The phone charged but since it was technically on but frozen you couldn't turn it on again.

    - When a phone freezes usually the power button ceases to work as well.

    - My suggestion would have been to hard reset by holding down the volume down and power buttons.
    If we all agree on it, it must be true.[citation needed​]
  10. Senior Droid
    doniago's Avatar
    Member #
    119668
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    170
    Liked
    9 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsound1 View Post
    Wow you guys sound so young and ignorant. I had to drive an hour away from where I live for a job so yeah I needed a GPS fools. I am "aware of my surroundings"

    To the the poster who with the advice of rebooting the phone holding power and volume down trick- thanks you are the only one who said something useful!!
    Posts like this don't tend to make me more inclined to help the poster.

    I think you could have clarified your situation and thanked the person who provided the useful advice without insulting others in the process.

    Cheers.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 12:52 PM
  2. So I got my new Razr Maxx this morning . . .
    By kevins686 in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
  4. Picked up Maxx this morning: Thoughts - and only 8G?
    By ShadesOfGrey in forum Droid RAZR MAXX
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 02:34 PM

Search tags for this page

alarm takes going off on razr maxx

,

cause of droid razr maxx turning off

,

droid maxx turn off alarm

,

droid razr maxx alarm not working

,

hd maxx shuts off overnight

,

hoew to turn of alarm on motorola droid razor max hd

,

how to shut off droid razor hd alarm

,

how to turn off alarm on a motorola razor max phone

,

how to turn off alarm on motorola razr maxx

,

razr maxx hd charging time

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+