DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: wifi dropping out on maxx hd.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD

wifi dropping out on maxx hd.

Happy New Year everyone. Been gone a while, I have this issue with my WiFi ever since JB update. It was a little annoying at first, it was dropping or rather, failing to connect to my home WiFi. Only once in a while, now largely it seems everyday at home with my smart actions it can not connect to WiFi, everything else in the house is WiFi and connected just fine. I did go rummaging through all the threads before writing this. I found one for the RAZR M but was worried they were two different phones and itight not work on the Max HD. Anyhoo, anyone have any advice on what I should do? I'm nervous to go into the advanced settings, I don't really know what all that is.
    A little help would be great. Thanks yaw'all.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX HD
    Don't know how much help I can be. My wifi works great and stays strong (battery eater). But you mentioned smart actions. Since I don't know what they are or how to use them, maybe the smart actions are your issue.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD

Re: wifi dropping out on maxx hd.

Quote Originally Posted by turbodave View Post
    Don't know how much help I can be. My wifi works great and stays strong (battery eater). But you mentioned smart actions. Since I don't know what they are or how to use them, maybe the smart actions are your issue.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...xfonOhQ5-yVZ8Q

||MaxxHD||
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Phone
    MaxxHD

Re: wifi dropping out on maxx hd.

Quote Originally Posted by bohemouth View Post
    Happy New Year everyone. Been gone a while, I have this issue with my WiFi ever since JB update. It was a little annoying at first, it was dropping or rather, failing to connect to my home WiFi. Only once in a while, now largely it seems everyday at home with my smart actions it can not connect to WiFi, everything else in the house is WiFi and connected just fine. I did go rummaging through all the threads before writing this. I found one for the RAZR M but was worried they were two different phones and itight not work on the Max HD. Anyhoo, anyone have any advice on what I should do? I'm nervous to go into the advanced settings, I don't really know what all that is.
    A little help would be great. Thanks yaw'all.
    What smartaction rule do you have set? Im assuming you tried turning it off to see if that was the cause..

||MaxxHD||
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by jtc303 View Post
    What smartaction rule do you have set? Im assuming you tried turning it off to see if that was the cause..

||MaxxHD||
    Yes. I have turned off my Home smart action which turns off my data and goes to WiFi when I am at the address of my house. Right now my phone is recognizing no WiFi at all and I'm at home with everything working fine WiFi except my phone.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Incredible 2
    Have you tried rebooting your router? I had a similar problem with a phone a few years ago and it was driving me nuts too, because EVERY other wifi device in the house worked fine. So I of course figured that NO WAY could be it be a router problem. Anyway out of desperation I finally rebooted the router....and all my problems went away for good.
    HTC Droid Incredible 2 - Current Toy

Telstra HD2 on AT&T - NRG WinMo 6.5.x & AmeriCandroid GB 2.3.4 (SD)
    Feeding the Crabs in Baltimore Harbor

AT&T Tilt2 - Retired
    ROM: e2 chadster ROM 2.5 ARCSOFT 21914_210
    Radio: 4.49.25.91
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx HD
    Quote Originally Posted by radon222 View Post
    Have you tried rebooting your router? I had a similar problem with a phone a few years ago and it was driving me nuts too, because EVERY other wifi device in the house worked fine. So I of course figured that NO WAY could be it be a router problem. Anyway out of desperation I finally rebooted the router....and all my problems went away for good.
    Thanks so much randon, i never thought about that, cause everything eles in the house is working fine, i thought for sure it had to be a phone issue. I will try that next. I adjusted one of my smart actions that turns WiFi off/ Data off, baackground sync, when I'm not using my droid, i switched it to just keep WiFi on. Maybe my droid just is having a hard time finding it and turning it on again. Thanks again.

Links